Dining package and wine

I know if you get a dining package, you get 40% off bottles of wine. Is it only when you purchase them at the specialty dining restaurant? If you don't finish it, can you take the bottle with you or have it taken to your room or do they only save it if you come back to that same restaurant? 

I have not tried to get any wine elsewhere but they were able to save the discount bottle for us at a specialty restaurant to drink the next night. I believe that was at 150 Central Park on the Allure. We did this twice on that sailing. 

46 minutes ago, mk907 said:

I have not tried to get any wine elsewhere but they were able to save the discount bottle for us at a specialty restaurant to drink the next night. I believe that was at 150 Central Park on the Allure. We did this twice on that sailing. 

Did you go to the same restaurant or a different one the next night? 

34 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Yes, best to let the specialty server know you will be in MDR the next night. They will know your dining room and table number. 

Thank you! 

I routinely order wine with the dining packages.  They do only let you get the discount at dining venues.  For example, I’ve always been denied the discount on oasis class ships in vintages but I’ve always been given the discount at Giovanni’s wine bar on the Odyssey.  And in the Wonder’s Giovanni’s Wine Bar (in place of vintages) they have been inconsistent denying it on the first cruise and giving it on the second.

i have NEVER had any problem taking wine from any venue at any price or with any package.  Personally, if I’m going back to a wine bar I have them hold the wine for me.  If I’m going back to a restaurant and especially another restaurant, I take the wine with me and bring it to another restaurant - I’ve done this in the same night that I’ve purchased the wine and on separate nights.  Once purchased, it’s yours and they generally let you do what you want!

3 hours ago, zaylyn2590 said:

Did you go to the same restaurant or a different one the next night? 

I’m pretty sure we had it at Chops the next night. I believe they ask where you will be dining as someone else mentioned. I didn’t even notice the 40% off until I looked at my folio at the end of the trip. 

1 hour ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Don’t understand. Never seen unfinished bottle of wine. Corks are for quitters.

😂 This is probably true. We’re not really wine people so couldn’t quite finish it on the first night.