Included tours for those who can’t access a coach?

Vallesan

We have three cruises booked for this year, two on Riviera and one on Marina.

Our first cruise later this month has ‘private car’ trips. The cruises for May and  September don’t have this option so we would be unable to participate in ANY of the INCLUDED tours.

Whilst I have said to others that the price you pay includes lots of things you may not use like sunbeds, theatre, pool etc etc. It just feels a bit uncomfortable that there is now an included trip allowance but not everybody is ‘able’  enough to take advantage of it.

Just wondering what your thoughts are?

10 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Entire another thread on this subject right in page one. Take a glimpse a bit further down the front page. 44 replies.

Thank you. Sorry I can’t find the thread could you possibly bring it to the top?

Thank you.

was this the one you were thinking of @pinotlover? @Vallesan I think you've seen that discussion as you posted in it, but for anyone else there is lots of info and experience there.

Does O ever arrange one-off private vehicles that SM excursion credit can be used for? Possibly "no" or "never", I do not know...

I think this must be the thread, V

The short answer seems to be that if you can't use it, you lose it. 

It's a bit similar to  me not drinking alcohol but still paying for the SM booze arrangements. Or, IIRC, you also mentioned the new inclusion of gratuities for European customers doesnt account for those who get freebie gratuities.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harters said:

It's a bit similar to  me not drinking alcohol but still paying for the SM booze arrangements. Or, IIRC, you also mentioned the new inclusion of gratuities for European customers doesnt account for those who get freebie gratuities.

When will folks learn to NEVER use the O Cart  to buy tours (particularly if you’re doing a multi-segment cruise). Get the most current excursions pdf, cross check against the web listings and then call O to have a rep confirm which one(s) is/are accurate? and available (according to his/her access to the accounting system).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, babysteps said:

was this the one you were thinking of @pinotlover? @Vallesan I think you've seen that discussion as you posted in it, but for anyone else there is lots of info and experience there.

Does O ever arrange one-off private vehicles that SM excursion credit can be used for? Possibly "no" or "never", I do not know...

Thank you! Indeed I did post on that thread but I’d forgotten!

Actually I notice that I was going to write to Oceania to see if they could provide ‘private cars’ in at least some ports so I must do that now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Harters said:

Thank you. I think my question was a bit  ‘woolly’.

I agree that you either use it or lose it.  I’m not looking for a refund or to spend the allowance elsewhere. I think what I was really saying was that I ‘can’t’ use the allowance for trips because I can’t access a coach. So it would be useful if Oceania could provide one or two ‘private car’ choices on each cruise, like they have done on our upcoming cruise at the end of the month.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Vallesan said:

Thank you. I think my question was a bit  ‘woolly’.

I agree that you either use it or lose it.  I’m not looking for a refund or to spend the allowance elsewhere. I think what I was really saying was that I ‘can’t’ use the allowance for trips because I can’t access a coach. So it would be useful if Oceania could provide one or two ‘private car’ choices on each cruise, like they have done on our upcoming cruise at the end of the month.

I think it is very reasonable to contact Oceania before you even board the ship to see if the “Simply More!!!” excursion credit can be used for a private excursion arranged by the concierge.  Not sure what Oceania would say, but I think it is a reasonable question.

34 minutes ago, Psoque said:

I think it is very reasonable to contact Oceania before you even board the ship to see if the “Simply More!!!” excursion credit can be used for a private excursion arranged by the concierge.  Not sure what Oceania would say, but I think it is a reasonable question.

Thank you so much! That’s a really good idea and far better to speak  ‘face to face’ with the Concierge than to send an email to ‘who knows who’ in an office.

We have two ‘private car half day’ tours arranged under SimplyMore for our upcoming cruise. We have to contract the Concierge to arrange the itinerary so it will be a perfect time to bring up the possibility of ‘private car’ tours for our May cruise.

Again thank you I wouldn’t have thought of that.