Balcony Cabin B219

TimMackey

Hi and thanks for letting me aboard. 
We’ve only done Cunard so far ( 7 various trips ) but have taken the plunge and booked a 35 night Caribbean trip Jan 2025 on Ventura. We chose starboard foreward balcony B219 which I think is deck10 (Why do cruise lines make this so complicated with numbering and lettering seemingly intermixed 😕)?

Can anyone offer any comments re this cabin - I did my research as far as I could, and think I’ve avoided any major problem spots, and don’t want a metal fronted balcony (done that once on QM2 and wife can’t see a darn thing once seated 😕) ….but who knows ??

I’m aware that it’s relatively high, and foreward, but there wasn’t much choice left at the price we were prepared to pay.

TYIA from a Cunard fan lol

Edited by TimMackey
Spelling

8 minutes ago, CCFC said:

B deck is deck 11, the bigger balconies are C deck 10 but more expensive and sell out fast. Glass fronted yes!

Thanks - could have sworn I chose deck 10 lol. No big deal, little difference. Slowly recalling things now, it may have been because of doors or lifts or “overlooked” scenarios that made me move up a deck😉

1 hour ago, TimMackey said:

Thanks - could have sworn I chose deck 10 lol. No big deal, little difference. Slowly recalling things now, it may have been because of doors or lifts or “overlooked” scenarios that made me move up a deck😉

You are overlooked in a deck C balcony, BUT those staring down at you are just jealous that you have a double depth balcony and can choose to be in full sun or part shade.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You are overlooked in a deck C balcony, BUT those staring down at you are just jealous that you have a double depth balcony and can choose to be in full sun or part shade.

Again, I think that was another reason we chose 11 not 10. A regular size balcony will do us just fine as long as it’s all glass fronted (which it is) and I think it’s better to not be overlooked 

12 minutes ago, TimMackey said:

Again, I think that was another reason we chose 11 not 10. A regular size balcony will do us just fine as long as it’s all glass fronted (which it is) and I think it’s better to not be overlooked 

If you sit at the back of the balcony on 10  i.e under the one above you are not overlooked. However you have the option to move out to the outer balcony. 
However it must be said the ordinary balcony on the Grand class ships, including Ventura are of a much larger size than those on Britannia so are better. 
Deck 11 is between two cabin decks so should not have noise from communal rooms. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gettingwarmer said:

If you sit at the back of the balcony on 10  i.e under the one above you are not overlooked. However you have the option to move out to the outer balcony. 
However it must be said the ordinary balcony on the Grand class ships, including Ventura are of a much larger size than those on Britannia so are better. 
Deck 11 is between two cabin decks so should not have noise from communal rooms. 

That’s good info - thank you 👍