Cruising May/June - what to pack?

jfogle2017

We are not new to cruising but we are going on our first Alaska cruise from May 31 - June 7th! We are excited but we don't know how to dress - we have never been to Alaska and usually do warmer weather spots for vacation! Any tips and suggestions are welcomed! 🙂 So excited! It's getting close! 🙂 

You just never know about weather.  It is important to layer, and as @Northern Aurora said, it is very important to have a waterproof outer layer.  As a PNWestern, I highly recommend a layer of fleece, whether it is a jacket, or a vest.  Stores are beginning to clear out their winter inventory, so picking up a fleece jacket or vest at a great price over the next couple of months is quite doable.

I was on a cruise departing from Vancouver, BC last May '23 and it was unseasonably warm, and I really wished that I had brought cropped/carpi  pants.  I was also back in Juneau in Oct '23, and again it was rather warm.  That said, the day your ship visits the glacier you could find it quite cold, needing a  hat and good gloves while you are outside viewing the glacier.  I also recommend a pair of waterproof shoes.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher