Voyager Benefits

Hobby3333

I have been on three MSC cruises all in the YC.   Last cruise was in July 2022.  I am booking another MSC cruise for November 2025 when MSC begins to cruise out of Galveston.   Because MSC status matched I am now Diamond with a little over 10,000 points.  Do I lose my points if I don’t cruise within three years?  I had one agent tell me that I will lose the status and one said as long as we are booked we should be fine.  If I do lose my points will I be able to status matched again ( I am Platinum on Carnival) or do I start at zero again?  

1 hour ago, Hobby3333 said:

Do I lose my points if I don’t cruise within three years?

Yes...(T&C)

1.5 Length of Membership
MSC Voyagers Club Membership is subject to a minimum of one cruise every three
years. If the last cruise disembarkation date is over 3 years (36 months) or no cruise
has been completed in 3 years after the enrolment date, membership to the
MSC Voyagers Club program will expire....

...If membership to the MSC Voyagers Club expires, all points earned are lost. For
example: If a Diamond MSC Voyagers Club member with a points score of 12,000
does not sail for 3 years since their last disembarkation date, the 12,000 points will
be lost. In order to start collecting points again, it will be necessary to subscribe to
the MSC Voyagers Club again.

1 hour ago, Hobby3333 said:

If I do lose my points will I be able to status matched again ( I am Platinum on Carnival) or do I start at zero again?  

FAQ

Is there a limit on how many times I can request a Status Match?
You may only apply for a Status Match one time.

• 1 month later...

If YC, the only true benefit worth discussing is the 5% to 10% discount but that applies to any member.  Would not sweat at all in moving up the MSC status chain if booking YC.  Just become a member and work to get the 5/10% pricing discounts.

14 hours ago, dcrambler said:

If YC, the only true benefit worth discussing is the 5% to 10% discount but that applies to any member.  Would not sweat at all in moving up the MSC status chain if booking YC.  Just become a member and work to get the 5/10% pricing discounts.

Just to add to why the diminished perks. From an analytics consultancy " Using Data analytics, financial modeling and consumer surveys to analyze the effectiveness of Loyalty Programs. The relationship between customer behavior and profitability found some distortions in the Loyalty Program. The way customers were using the program meant the highest spending and longest term customers weren't always getting rewarded proportionately for their value at the same time other customers that were earning rewards passively without spending enough to make it profitable for the business."

This data analysis indicates that loyalty programs are rewarding the least profitable guests..

5 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Just to add to why the diminished perks. From an analytics consultancy " Using Data analytics, financial modeling and consumer surveys to analyze the effectiveness of Loyalty Programs. The relationship between customer behavior and profitability found some distortions in the Loyalty Program. The way customers were using the program meant the highest spending and longest term customers weren't always getting rewarded proportionately for their value at the same time other customers that were earning rewards passively without spending enough to make it profitable for the business."

This data analysis indicates that loyalty programs are rewarding the least profitable guests..

That sounds unfortunately true. 

Airlines have been ‘fixing’ this, rewarding what brings the airlines value - and that isn’t a bunch of basic economy flights!

• Thanks 1