Jade Bathroom Refurbishment in the Owners Suites

Considering a cruise on the Jade...and wondering about any renovations/refurbishments that were done in the Owners Suites when the last drydock was done in 2022.  Specifically...were the bathrooms updated, bathtubs removed and replaced with larger showers...as was done on the Jewel...?  (I can't find specific information about this...and most videos I found online were prior to the drydock.)

Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, Yo Adrienne said:

Considering a cruise on the Jade...and wondering about any renovations/refurbishments that were done in the Owners Suites when the last drydock was done in 2022.  Specifically...were the bathrooms updated, bathtubs removed and replaced with larger showers...as was done on the Jewel...?  (I can't find specific information about this...and most videos I found online were prior to the drydock.)

Thanks in advance. 

Check Harr Travels YT channel. I thought, I could be wrong Danny did a number of Jewel Class ship tours in the last 6 months

https://www.youtube.com/@HarrTravel/search?query=NCL Jade

The OS on Jewel class had a separate tub and shower.  They were not connected but adjacent.  I've only seen a few updates over the years on the various ships, including Dawn class as the OS are nearly identical except Dawn class has glass door vs curtain between main bed and living room.

I'll have to do some checking. The one thing I recall after refurbs long time ago is they yanked the TV above the tub.

Edited by dexddd

2 hours ago, Katrina1547 said:

I was on Jade in Owners suite in December, they still have bathtub and separate shower. The shower is not big but big enough, my husband is a Large man and he was comfortable 

Thank you...! 🙂 

We're considering a cruise on the Jade for 2025.  We've never been on this ship before...but we have been on other Jewel class ships (Jewel and Pearl) and also the Sun...and loved 'em.  We know they're smaller ships without all the bells and whistles of the "megaships"...and we're totally fine with that.  We prefer the smaller ships...and won't be traveling with children/teens, so don't need activities/areas for them. 

Overall...how did you find the ship and crew, etc...?  Any thoughts/insights (good and bad) you can share would be most appreciated...! 🙂 

2 hours ago, Yo Adrienne said:

Thank you...! 🙂 

We're considering a cruise on the Jade for 2025.  We've never been on this ship before...but we have been on other Jewel class ships (Jewel and Pearl) and also the Sun...and loved 'em.  We know they're smaller ships without all the bells and whistles of the "megaships"...and we're totally fine with that.  We prefer the smaller ships...and won't be traveling with children/teens, so don't need activities/areas for them. 

Overall...how did you find the ship and crew, etc...?  Any thoughts/insights (good and bad) you can share would be most appreciated...! 🙂 

So far we've only done Jewel class (also Jewel and Pearl!) and we just love them. It's not too big, not too small. We LOVED the Jade, I have nothing to complain about the ship, and the crew were so friendly and helpful. We were on a 2 week cruise this time (had only done 7 days before) and we were so sad when they handed us the 'You'll be leaving us soon" debarkation instructions, I wanted to stay for the rest of my life! We are going to give the Breakaway a try this October, I'm sure it's also a very nice ship. 🙂

5 hours ago, Katrina1547 said:

So far we've only done Jewel class (also Jewel and Pearl!) and we just love them. It's not too big, not too small. We LOVED the Jade, I have nothing to complain about the ship, and the crew were so friendly and helpful. We were on a 2 week cruise this time (had only done 7 days before) and we were so sad when they handed us the 'You'll be leaving us soon" debarkation instructions, I wanted to stay for the rest of my life! We are going to give the Breakaway a try this October, I'm sure it's also a very nice ship. 🙂

Thank you so much for your thoughts...this is great to hear...!  (We've seen some negative reviews/comments about the Jade, but many of them are old--at least a year or two ago--so it's really nice to hear that your great experience is so recent.)

How was the food...?  Were there particular restaurants that you liked/disliked...?  (In all honesty, we've never had what we would consider a bad meal in any of the specialty restaurants...and even the main dining room meals were very good.)  Any especially good menu items that you really liked...?  (We're not big seafood eaters, so we're always curious what other "specialty items" are available.) 

Was the ship at full occupancy...?  Did it feel crowded...?  

Anything else you can think of that's worth mentioning about the ship...? 

Again...thank you so much for your insights...I really appreciate your input...! 

15 hours ago, Katrina1547 said:

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on BA.

If you thought the OS shower was tight, don't book anything less than a suite.