Pre Pay to reserve dining?

lizwil10

Hello! I used a placeholder credit card in the app as my "shipboard" credit card. I don't know if we will utilize that credit card or just our debit card for onboard expenses. It looks like on the app when you reserve dining, it's charged right to your credit card at the time of booking. Is that correct? I wanted to start booking dining but wanted some flexibility to cancel once I have more info on evening shows, MDR menus, and other activities.

I assume you’re talking about the specialty dining restaurants and yes, you prepay for each reservation.  If you have the Premier package, two SD evenings are complimentary.  If you have to cancel, Princess will credit the charges back to your original credit card,  There is no charge to cancel.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nina On The Sea said:

Does the complete balance need to be paid to reserve specialty dining and excursions? 

I feel like I started to get emails about choosing my excursions but my balance isn't due for another couple of months. 

No, you can book and pay for the specialty dining reservations at any time before and after final payment date.  We usually book our reservations as soon as we book our cruise.  However, we are Elite and it may be different for lower loyalty levels.

• Like 1

Just now, Wonders By Wallis said:

And if you reserved and paid for them prior to purchasing premiere, your card will be refunded when you purchase the Premier upgrade.

Good question.  For some of us we’ve been able to book our complimentary reservations without a credit card,  The app recognizes our Premier package and no payment required.  However, quite a few people have had to provide a credit card to book their reservations and will most likely get it back in OBC when onboard.  

So, for you I honestly have no idea if you will get it refunded now or when you board.  Since you’ve already paid, you could cancel your reservations and get a credit card refund and then rebook hoping that the app works in your favour and you don’t need to pay again! 

Good luck!  Please let us know how it works out for you.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wonders By Wallis said:

And if you reserved and paid for them prior to purchasing premiere, your card will be refunded when you purchase the Premier upgrade.

Yes, it should.  However, the app has glitches and things can and do go awry.  Worst case scenario, you will get it back in OBC when you board.  Hopefully, you have no problem.

• Like 1

Just now, Lady Arwen said:

Yes, it should.  However, the app has glitches and things can and do go awry.  Worst case scenario, you will get it back in OBC when you board.  Hopefully, you have no problem.

That's interesting. I can only report what happened to me. I'm not surprised if the app is inconsistent (especially the new one). 

• Like 2