Chances Paradise Beach will sell out?

thegoodlife247

Part of our large group wants to do the pay as you go at Paradise Beach instead of the AI.  Based on the website, the pay as you go option may not be available if the resort sells out with AI bookings.  Any idea how often this happens?  We will be in port with only 1 other ship that day.

19 minutes ago, thegoodlife247 said:

Part of our large group wants to do the pay as you go at Paradise Beach instead of the AI.  Based on the website, the pay as you go option may not be available if the resort sells out with AI bookings.  Any idea how often this happens?  We will be in port with only 1 other ship that day.

It will largely depend on time of the year.

one other ship total seems very low for Cozumel? 

I understand you can phone before arrival on the day to check, or have a back up plan in place.

9 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

one other ship total seems very low for Cozumel? 

It is (as you know) but it happens. Coincidentally, the day I have booked for Paradise Beach in July only has 2 ships in port that day.

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It is (as you know) but it happens. Coincidentally, the day I have booked for Paradise Beach in July only has 2 ships in port that day.

Yes certainly possible, and much more likely in summer - not impossible in winter. 

However sometimes the cruise schedule sites are out of date, so you generally need to check several if it is important and sometimes people forget to check three piers on Cozumel so it is something to consider if you are depending on numbers. 

In summer ships are likely to have more kids - more people at family sites but in general Cozumel is much quieter in summer - for a reason! Spring Break (March) Paradise and Sanchos have reportedly only taken AI and capped numbers some years.

Just trying to point out there are several factors to consider when asked the question “ how often does this happen”.

• Like 1

2 ships in port in Cozumel is an incredibly light day. (I don't think we've ever docked with less than 5 and the most was 9)

But more tmportantly would be WHICH two ships are docked.

The Mardi Gras and Oasis of the Seas will discharge more passengers than 6 older ships from the fleets.

But without knowing which two ships you are speaking of, I'd be pretty confident Paradise Beach will be happy for your business on a slow day for ships.