£49 European flight offer

Lolou127

Has anyone managed to secure these? Or is it click bait to get us interested?
I’ve spotted a great price on a Greek Island cruise on the Infinity, Aqua Class is less ££ than a balcony cabin, any thoughts on the Infinity, we’ve only sailed the Silhouette and I realise it’s a different class of ship 

The Infinity is one of the older ships, it has some wear, but overall it’s still a fine ship. Definitely go for Aqua, esp if it is less than balcony! Try for one of the Aqua  cabins on 11, they are newer and quieter  than those under the pool deck. 

• Like 1

After a bit more research it turns out there are no direct local flights to Athens for us, not keen on indirect, so this bargain will be passing us by, back to the drawing board I’m afraid 

12 hours ago, Lolou127 said:

After a bit more research it turns out there are no direct local flights to Athens for us, not keen on indirect, so this bargain will be passing us by, back to the drawing board I’m afraid 

Have you checked different dates? Only asking as we were considering a couple of sailings in different months and one had direct flights and the other didn’t.

• Like 1

We had a cruise on Infinity November 2023 -  Gatwick / Barcelona 10 days . We had one of these £49 flights through the Spanish company Vueling. It was a problem from start to finish. Firstly these are Group booking so you cannot use the locator codes provided on your invoice to confirm your flight. You cannot do online check in , but are told you must check in at the airport. That in itself is enough to make your blood run cold.This means that you turn up at Gatwick on a cold Nov morning expecting the worst and you are not disappointed. Firstly no one at the Vigelen check out will listen to you until they have put your passport on the reader and had no response for at least 10 times and / or finished a private conversation. You  are then sent to an unmarked check in and find that you cannot sit together as Celebrity have already booked you two window seats one behind the other. This is deliberate as we had the same seats on the return flight.I can only assume that Celebrity gets a deal on these single window seats as most people travel as a couple and book middle and isle when they see that the window seat is already taken. Online check in is not available again for the return flight, say no more.

Be warned !!