A couple of questions: the pool's depth in Vista and are u allowed to bring your own curling iron/straightener

vipro

Hi first time on O, can anyone tell me how shallow or deep the pool on Vista is. My wife is short and can't swim well, but she likes swimming so she wonders if she needs to bring her own floats. 

Another question from her. Are we allowed to bring our own curling iron or hair straightener. I have heard cruises may take away those high electricity consumption items (not sure if they fit into this case), any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

I believe the pool depths were about the same on both Riviera and Sirena, so...

I'm 6'2". I could stand up and breathe. Pool over 5'. Closer to 6' than 5'. Salt water pools, so easy to float! The Riviera pool a bit wider and longer than Sirena's. You could "swim" some short laps back and forth, if a lot of people aren't in it. Or just float. I loved to do that, just looking up into the sky.

So really up to her given her height and ability to both swim and float.

10 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

I believe the pool depths were about the same on both Riviera and Sirena, so...

I'm 6'2". I could stand up and breathe. Pool over 5'. Closer to 6' than 5'. Salt water pools, so easy to float! The Riviera pool a bit wider and longer than Sirena's. You could "swim" some short laps back and forth, if a lot of people aren't in it. Or just float. I loved to do that, just looking up into the sky.

So really up to her given her height and ability to both swim and float.

Thanks. If it is near to 6'even i can't easily stand up and breath, (i am 5'7), let alone my wife who is close to 5'and she can't do laps without standing and pausing. That means she needs to get some floats to help her float.

Thanks for the info though. I was expecting a shallow side and not an uniformly deep pool like most public pool.

Presently on Vista. Pool depth is 4 foot 6 inches I believe--that can vary a little. . I am 5 10 and water is at neck when my toes are touching. As mentioned, it is salt water so you tend to float. No problem on bringing any plug in hair device. Just can only use in the room (mirror is there), not in bathroom. 

I had an issue with the depth of the pool on Riviera.  Too deep to just stand and converse with fellow passengers.  Everyone had to hang at the edge.  I prefer a variable depth. JMHO. 

Thanks both. Yes I never understood why they had to design the pool to be so deep, (virgin I heard was 2m deep) as if they have planned for some synchronized swimming performance. 

Why can't they just make it shallower on one side for those ppl who might not want to get drowned or just enjoy taking a break. Those serious swimmers can do laps on the other side. That's how they designed public swimming pools. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was recently on Vista. Pool is deep. I am 5’3”. I couldn’t touch the bottom.  I would prefer a shallower pool that I can walk in.  There is a set of stairs to enter the pool.  Shorter people seemed to stay by those steps.