Facilities for a 2 year old?

Rustyman

Looking at taking the kids on the Ascent with a granddaughter who will be 2 1/4 years old. My question is do they have facilities ie nursery provision and babysitting service for the wee one? If not we’ll leave it for a year. I know they have a “groovy gang” kids club for older kids, I’ve seen a few toddlers on cruises but wondered if Celebrity catered for them so their parents can have free evenings.

17 minutes ago, Rustyman said:

Looking at taking the kids on the Ascent with a granddaughter who will be 2 1/4 years old. My question is do they have facilities ie nursery provision and babysitting service for the wee one? If not we’ll leave it for a year. I know they have a “groovy gang” kids club for older kids, I’ve seen a few toddlers on cruises but wondered if Celebrity catered for them so their parents can have free evenings.

I believe that in-cabin babysitting for a fee is provided.  We made use of that 25 years ago when our kids were very young.

During our Solstice cruise this month, we saw this which was intended for kids that were not old enough to be in the Camp At Sea kids club:

image.thumb.jpeg.3798acb61f3091a28f8e99d

9F98F2A9-A5C8-4D0D-83BE-C445C7901E7C.thu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on in November for an extended family gathering, with a 1 and a 3 year old.  Note there is no kiddies pool, and children must be toilet trained to use the pool - not even swim diapers allowed.  That said, both sets of parents found the kids club/toddler area kept the kids entertained on a daily basis when open. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rustyman said:

These 2 links will give you the info you are looking for.

camp at Sea program is ages 3 and up. There is a playroom for younger children, but a parent must be present.

I believe babysitting is available for Retreat guests only.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/faq-fragments/enjoying-your-cruise-fragments/camp-at-sea

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/cruise-with-a-toddler

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2024 at 12:28 PM, Josie201 said:

We were on in November for an extended family gathering, with a 1 and a 3 year old.  Note there is no kiddies pool, and children must be toilet trained to use the pool - not even swim diapers allowed.  That said, both sets of parents found the kids club/toddler area kept the kids entertained on a daily basis when open. 

Yes, but parents must be with their toddlers. 

• Thanks 1

Baby Sitting is often available and need to check with front desk.   They have a number of staff that will accept Baby Sitting on a paid basis to supplement their normal pay.   Of course it is not guaranteed.

• Thanks 1