MSC Upgrade Program Questions

wolft927

So Have Sailed NCL a lot lately and giving MSC YC a Try in September on the Seascape. Is the upgrade advantage program similar to NCL? Also, we have a YC interior and was wondering anyone that has had success lately? I know on NCL see a lot of success from say interior to balcony, but Haven Upgrade bids are very very scarce. 

We will try to go from YC interior to YC balcony, but honestly if we do not win not a big deal. Thanks for the help everyone. 

Be very wary of their upgrade program. We are in a deluxe grand suite on Seashore and received their upgrade offer email.  For the owners suite (we are not interested, but giving it as an example), they have a minimum bid of $5850 pp for a total of $11700, the same cost as if you were to make a new booking. We could do a normal upgrade based on the current booking price for $6400 total.

We also noticed that the description of the Owners Suite was actually that of a Royal Suite.  All things considered, it makes you wonder about the company offering the "upgrade".

11 minutes ago, bac513 said:

Be very wary of their upgrade program. We are in a deluxe grand suite on Seashore and received their upgrade offer email.  For the owners suite (we are not interested, but giving it as an example), they have a minimum bid of $5850 pp for a total of $11700, the same cost as if you were to make a new booking. We could do a normal upgrade based on the current booking price for $6400 total.

We also noticed that the description of the Owners Suite was actually that of a Royal Suite.  All things considered, it makes you wonder about the company offering the "upgrade".

Thanks for the info, we have won 2 upgrades on NCL Haven before and was only 600pp to go from balcony to Forward facing Haven Suite. Might be a different company with MSC. Either way I will look but perfectly happy woth my YC interior. 

4 hours ago, wolft927 said:

So Have Sailed NCL a lot lately and giving MSC YC a Try in September on the Seascape. Is the upgrade advantage program similar to NCL? Also, we have a YC interior and was wondering anyone that has had success lately? I know on NCL see a lot of success from say interior to balcony, but Haven Upgrade bids are very very scarce. 

We will try to go from YC interior to YC balcony, but honestly if we do not win not a big deal. Thanks for the help everyone. 

We have been able to upgrade from YC interior to YC Deluxe Balcony once on board for our last two cruises on the Meraviglia.  Stop at the Concierge desk first thing and tell them you are interested.  They will probably tell you to check back after sailaway. Both times the upgrade cost approx. $ 75 per night.

1 hour ago, Mike C said:

We have been able to upgrade from YC interior to YC Deluxe Balcony once on board for our last two cruises on the Meraviglia.  Stop at the Concierge desk first thing and tell them you are interested.  They will probably tell you to check back after sailaway. Both times the upgrade cost approx. $ 75 per night.

$75 per night per person? 

3 hours ago, wolft927 said:

$75 per night per person? 

Not per person, but per night.  For eleven nights it was about $ 870.

This last time the Concierge told us that the room was vacant, but the person who had booked it was a no-show.  He said there was a possibility the couple might meet the ship at our first port, Port Canaveral.  If that was the case we would be moved back to YC interior.  I waited until we left PC to completely unpack.

20 hours ago, wolft927 said:

Same company.

19 hours ago, bac513 said:

I got that same exact offer for Seashore in December for a January sailing.

Same offer for Seascape next month yet it's fully sold out.

I am/was in a GS as well.