Parental Consent Forms?

Does Princess have a standard form they like for passengers under 18 traveling in a cabin with someone other than a parent? I’ve looked on the website but I can’t see anything. Other cruise lines provide these forms for children traveling without parents or only one parent (divorce). 

TIA. 

No, they don't. 

The only hiccup we've had traveling alone with parents, we had a customs officer suggest a letter stating permission was granted from the other parent. 

This was a US closed loop cruise.

Edited by startedwithamouse

Pretty sure there are some hoops you have to jump through if you are traveling with kids without their parents. (Grandparents with grandkids, a family with one of the kids' friends tagging along...)  At a *minimum*, the kids really should have a passport.  I don't want to get the whole hot-topic of "but it says I can sail with a birth certificate" debate going here...a passport just outright simplifies any/all red tape that you may run into.  The time that we took our 3 granddaughters on a Caribbean cruise, my son typed up an "authorization" letter that we could carry as @startedwithamouse suggested above.  We had no issues...

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

21 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

No, they don't. 

The only hiccup we've had traveling alone with parents, we had a customs officer suggest a letter stating permission was granted from the other parent. 

This was a US closed loop cruise.

Edit - this only happened once, we've done multiple cruises with one parent and kid or kids, and nothing mentioned by customs on those, closed loop and not closed loop. These were disembarkation ports where facial recognition was used, and we all have passports.

7 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Pretty sure there are some hoops you have to jump through if you are traveling with kids without their parents. (Grandparents with grandkids, a family with one of the kids' friends tagging along...)  At a *minimum*, the kids really should have a passport.  I don't want to get the whole hot-topic of "but it says I can sail with a birth certificate" debate going here...a passport just outright simplifies any/all red tape that you may run into.  The time that we took our 3 granddaughters on a Caribbean cruise, my son typed up an "authorization" letter that we could carry as @startedwithamouse suggested above.  We had no issues...

A passport is required if minors are traveling with only one adult. 

11 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

A passport is required if minors are traveling with only one adult. 

Good point.  That was not the case in our situation but that scenario just raises all kinds of red flags.  Like I said...it's just better all around with a passport (in my opinion.)

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

When my wife and I took our grandson on an Alaskan cruise, I drafted a short "permission" document for his parents to sign.  It identified  the flights, the cruise, the intended excursions.  It also gave us permission to consent to any medical treatment needed for an accident or illness.  They had it notarized.

Never had to produce the document, but we felt better knowing that we had it in case it was needed.

He has a passport.

• Like 1

This really is belt and suspenders. Closed loop from LA through Mexico. Dad (me) is traveling with 3 sons (22,18, 16) and dad’s brother (38). Two rooms. Side by side. Dad and brother listed in me stateroom, sons together in their own room. There is a chance dad and brother get updgraded and are no longer next door to sons. I get that any pushback is infinitely low and it will be able to be worked out, even if that means moving passengers between staterooms, but I like to be prepared as possible. 

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Good point.  That was not the case in our situation but that scenario just raises all kinds of red flags.  Like I said...it's just better all around with a passport (in my opinion.)

We all have passports. My sons travelled alone with me on NCL last year with birth certificates only. So, I’m not sure when it happens. 

21 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

We all have passports. My sons travelled alone with me on NCL last year with birth certificates only. So, I’m not sure when it happens. 

Given that they were with a parent...not much of an issue. When the "adult" is *not* a parent...that's the issue. 

• Like 1

Glad you're getting the documents.  Just want to add for anyone else who follows this thread that just because some people haven't been asked, you could be asked and refused entry if you don't have notarized permission from anyone on the birth certificate who is not traveling.  Not all officials are concerned about non-custodial kidnapping, but if you come up against someone who is, it could create a huge disappointment and $ loss (lack of required documentation is not a valid reason for insurance coverage).   I cruised many times with my kids alone and was asked a few times, including once by passport control as we re-entered the U.S.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kerry's Girls said:

Glad you're getting the documents.  Just want to add for anyone else who follows this thread that just because some people haven't been asked, you could be asked and refused entry if you don't have notarized permission from anyone on the birth certificate who is not traveling.  Not all officials are concerned about non-custodial kidnapping, but if you come up against someone who is, it could create a huge disappointment and $ loss (lack of required documentation is not a valid reason for insurance coverage).   I cruised many times with my kids alone and was asked a few times, including once by passport control as we re-entered the U.S.   

Princess requires a passport if only one adult is traveling. Who would know the names on their birth certificates?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

Princess requires a passport if only one adult is traveling. Who would know the names on their birth certificates?

You're right, exactly.  You have bring the certified birth certificates to show that the name(s) on the notarized letter match the birth certificate.  So passport, certified birth certificate and notarized letter or custody papers, etc.

• Like 1