Livorno coastal tours for May 2024

USCAdventurer

I'm interested in seeing and perhaps visiting the cinque tierre villages by boat.  I have difficulty walking and i do use a cane but cobblestone streets and be a problem, for me.  i was thinking about a boat tour where i could choose to stop or not stop at town while my cruise ship is in Livorno.  Any recommendations?  Much appreciated.

My first thought is the gangway for the various towns in CT requires a fair amount of agility. It sounds like it might be a challenge for you to get off the ferry boat, except at the beginning and ending dock.

39 minutes ago, USCAdventurer said:

so there is a ferry i could take for the day that will return me to the port.  where do i get the ferry in relation to where my ship docks?  thanks for your comments.

Here is the ferry company's website:

https://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/en/cinque-terre

The ferries do not run from Livorno.  The nearest port would be La Spezia. You would need transportation either there or to Porto Venere to use the ferries. Check out train transportation to either of those towns (Porto Venere would be best). The alternative would be a private tour.

Thanks again for your advice. I really appreciate it.  I’m also thinking of a tour to Luca and Pizza. I’ve never been to those places and might be very interesting to do that. If the cinque terre thank you very much trip is too difficult for me.

1 hour ago, USCAdventurer said:

Thanks again for your advice. I really appreciate it.  I’m also thinking of a tour to Luca and Pizza. I’ve never been to those places and might be very interesting to do that. If the cinque terre thank you very much trip is too difficult for me.

You can easily combine Lucca amd Pisa. They are very interesting. Search this forum for lots of info.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Thank you again for your advice. I’m very excited about this cruise. I’m going on the Crystal symphony on May 7 excuse me May 9 from Rome to Lisbon. It’s a 12 day cruise and goes to Northern Italy, France, Spain, Morocco and then into Lisbon.

• Like 2