Best Inside Cabin on Volendam

redcruzer

Hello, not sure what deck to book our inside cabin on. Deck 3 looks good except I think the noise from the promenade on Deck 4 will be aggravating. Deck 2 looks decent, but do you hear engine noise there? so many choices... helpppp want to be sure for sucha long cruise, we select the right cabin. thanks

Lower Promenade (deck 3, as you call it), between the forward and mid-ship elevators, is one of my favorite inside cabin areas on the Volendam (and Zaandam). The inside cabins there are larger than the outsides/lanais across the passageway, have quick and easy access to the great outdoors on both sides of the ship. There are lounge chairs open to anyone by each door to the outside. 

My most favorite cabin is on Main Deck (deck 2), number 2619. There is nothing noisy above you, or on the sides of you. That cabin is larger than the other 'large inside' cabins, with plenty of room to spread out. 
There is another passenger cabin deck below Main Deck, so there is no engine noise. 

• Like 5

Thank you RuthC.  While the larger cabins and access to outside sound wonderful do you find that On the lower promenade, it is loud from the deck above? Any perticluar cabins you recommend on deck 3?

Thanks SO much!!

43 minutes ago, redcruzer said:

While the larger cabins and access to outside sound wonderful do you find that On the lower promenade,

Promenade Deck is above Lower Promenade, and in the area I prefer (as noted in my first post) there is nothing to make noise above you; you are under the Front Desk and Shore Excursion Office. 
The aft area of the same deck, inside, also is quiet, as it is under the dining room. 

I have stayed on Lower Promenade on all the S- and R-class ships many cruises for many nights over the years. My usual cabin was 345 on the S-class, and 3345 on the R-class (Zaandam has since  renumbered the cabins in that area). I never heard a peep. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, DETECTIVE MAR said:

What is featured on the map next to the elevators? Looking at room 3364. I'm thinking perhaps it is the stairs and wondering if it would be noisy.

I've been in 2619, one deck down and starboard, instead of port side, many times on all the R-class ships. It, too, backs up to the staircase. 
Never heard any noise coming from it, or from the elevator access area. 

• 2 weeks later...