I booked 2 rooms next to each other - but one is Aurea and the other is Fantastica. Can I upgrade?

Tallyfins

I recently booked a whirlpool suite for me and my dw, which included the aurea experience. I booked the balcony room right next to it for my 2 adult children and the cruise consultant said I could only book the Fantastica experience for that room. I asked if I could upgrade the regular balcony room to Aurea (without changing rooms), and she said No. I find that very odd that I can't upgrade the "experience" for the room next door, when the 2 people in that cabin are in my same booking/party. I want to make sure all 4 of us have access to the same perks, dining rooms, etc. Any suggestions on how I go about doing that? Also, we have the drink package in the whirlpool suite and they do not in the regular balcony room. 

Define "cruise consultant?"  An MSC sales rep or Travel Agent.  MSC reps are notorious for not knowing what they are talking about.  However, if you booked using an "all in wifi and drinks" fare, then you could have done the same for your regular balcony cabin.  There is NO drink package anymore that comes with the Aurea experience, so you either booked it "all in" or added a drink package.  

As far as upgrading experience, you might be able to.  Otherwise the kids will not be able to dine with you or use Deck 19 Solarium with  you.

MSC sales rep. in the suite i booked the drink package/wifi. in the balcony room next door, no drink or wifi package. I dont really care about the solarium, i just want to make sure we can all eat dinner together in the aurea dining room(s)? However, its a 4 night cruise and we were thinking about adding on a 2-night dinner package anyway. TIA

And yes, I know the aurea doesnt come with a drink package any longer

Edited by Tallyfins

Call back and try to switch to 2 cabins in the same experience level. You might have to give the whirlpool suite. Part of the experience level is the specific cabin location. Look at the ship deck plan for the experience of each particular cabin.

ok that helps, unfortunately...the rooms are literally next door to each other and I would have thought I could have just paid another $100-$140 each person for the non-Aurea room to upgrade to the Aurea service we have in the whirlpool suite. But I get it on numbers of people with that package.

We plan to add a couple of nights of upgraded meals and then we can figure the other nights out as well on dinners. Because they dont have the same level as us in our cabin, I'm guessing they cant eat in the Aurea level dining room with us?

Anything else that they may be missing out on that's not obvious in the description of the Aurea stuff?

We had friends who were not in Aurea, my wife and I were. They just asked the desk and it was no problem if they came with us to My Choice Dining (MCD)

The desk just used a little sharpie and wrote MCD on their room card. Easy enough. 

IMG_8165.jpeg

• Like 1

FYI, MSC has a policy that people without a drink package or with different packages cannot be seated at the same dining table.  Take a look at this forum to see more about that, as I believe people have had experiences where the policy was not enforced.