Air New Zealand Business Class Seats

TheShag

From what I can glean, flying the captioned carrier's business class seats on their B787 and A350 is less than desirable. I also understand that the carrier is in the process of revamping its aircraft business class seats 'throughout 2024'. I will be booking travel in 2024 and want to avoid choosing this airlines if they still have the existing 'herringbone' seating configuration. Wondering if anyone can direct me to a resource that will [hopefully] definitively state what cabin configuration will look like for the date that I will be flying. Many thanks!

2 hours ago, TheShag said:

Wondering if anyone can direct me to a resource that will [hopefully] definitively state what cabin configuration will look like for the date that I will be flying.

There can't be any such resource. Until the seats you don't want are no longer flying for this airline, there can't be any definitive statement, as aircraft substitutions can always occur. You may be able to reduce the risks if you can find out which aircraft type(s) operate which route(s), and how the airline allocates aircraft and configurations on the route(s) that you're thinking of booking. But that would be a good first step anyway, given that Air New Zealand A350 business class seats don't exist (because Air New Zealand A350s don't exist) - which suggests that whatever websites you've been looking at so far may have been misleading you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@TheShag Maybe this link can help you: https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/air-new-zealand-boeing-787-business-class

If this article is to believed, the first flights with the new product start in September when new aircraft are to be delivered from Boeing with retrofits to existing planes happening towards the end of the year.  

Edited by SelectSys

8 hours ago, SelectSys said:

@TheShag Maybe this link can help you: https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/air-new-zealand-boeing-787-business-class

If this article is to believed, the first flights with the new product start in September when new aircraft are to be delivered from Boeing with retrofits to existing planes happening towards the end of the year.  

Thanks. Great article!