Ability to book restaurants/excursions on your phone the day of your cruise before you board

gailellen12

You cannot use the Viking Voyager App until you are connected to the Ship's Wifi.  You can download in advance, but it only works on ship's Wifi.

We connect to Viking Voyager App immediately on boarding on embarkation day and that is when we book our specialty restaurants.  I am sure that there could be times in the future when this may not work to our advantage, but we always book the lowest cabin available and we have never booked Chef's Table or Manfredi's until we board, and we have never yet had an issue getting reservations that we want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gailellen12 said:

Thanks. I am also in the lowest category😉

We always travel in veranda cabins. Be flexible, book upon arrival, and then check back later in the cruise. You might even have luck just walking up on a given night. Most of all, don't fret. There are plenty of good places to eat on board, and keep in mind we paid less than all those other guests to go the same places they are going!

49 minutes ago, lackcreativity said:

We always travel in veranda cabins. Be flexible, book upon arrival, and then check back later in the cruise. You might even have luck just walking up on a given night. Most of all, don't fret. There are plenty of good places to eat on board, and keep in mind we paid less than all those other guests to go the same places they are going!

Since I am traveling solo I am probably paying more individually than most guests since I pay double. Maybe Viking should take into consideration how much you paid as opposed to what category you are🤨

20 minutes ago, gailellen12 said:

Since I am traveling solo I am probably paying more individually than most guests since I pay double. Maybe Viking should take into consideration how much you paid as opposed to what category you are🤨

That might be difficult.  Often they offer discounted or free airfare, free Silver Spirits Beverage Package.  Also we have found that their fares increase on popular itineraries as the departure date nears.  By then some have already chosen their dining venues and times.  What you are proposing would create a lot of confusion.  

18 hours ago, gailellen12 said:

Thanks. I am also in the lowest category😉

We are always the lowest category but we swear by the book the minute you board on the Voyager App.  We don't even try ahead of booking.

The Chef's Table is admittedly our favourite over Manfredi's and since the menu changes every three days, we book every four days and have always gotten each menu that was served during the cruise.

As millybess says, it will work out.  There is a lot of concern on CC about not being able to book the specialty restaurants and how many days before and blah, blah, blah... but it will work out....

• Like 1