Cost to change cabin?

annarack

Just wondered if anyone could advise please.  We are currently booked in a Fantastica cabin but are looking to change to Yacht Club.  Would we just pay the difference between our existing fare and the price currently shown for YC on the MSC website?  Or is pricing dependent on the price for YC at the date we originally booked this cruise?  Are there any admin fees to pay to upgrade?  We are in the UK and booked direct with MSC.  Many thanks.

14 hours ago, annarack said:

Just wondered if anyone could advise please.  We are currently booked in a Fantastica cabin but are looking to change to Yacht Club.  Would we just pay the difference between our existing fare and the price currently shown for YC on the MSC website?  Or is pricing dependent on the price for YC at the date we originally booked this cruise?  Are there any admin fees to pay to upgrade?  We are in the UK and booked direct with MSC.  Many thanks.

You pay current price. Just subtract what you already paid and you have the difference.

No admin fees, they are happy to take more money.  In the future use a TA for MSC. Too many potential issues that a TA would be better to have, plus a TA costs nothing.

17 hours ago, Até said:

I've always been held to the prices that were in effect at the time of the original booking. 

I have been told the same thing; the price it was when you booked.

Thanks, mixed responses.  I was quoted more on the phone than the website was currently showing, but wasn't sure if this was time of booking prices or a mistake, hence asking here re previous experiences.  I have emailed MSC asking if they will upgrade at current price, will report back.  Thanks.

I heard back from MSC, upgrading would be at the cost that YC was at the time I booked Fantastica, not current YC price.  Shame, but at least I got an answer and explanation.  I will be looking out for an upgrade bid email now instead!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1