Penthouse Suite Edge Series

sixpackeddie

We just won a Move UP bid on the Apex to a Penthouse. This would be our first time in a penthouse and was wondering the pro's and cons. We have 6 other family members travelling with us in 2 other cabins. I understand specialty restaurants are included with the suite. Is it permitted to host them in our suite for dinner? Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you!

• Like 1

They is a large dining room table along with a spear te bedroom and bathroom, we didn’t attempt a dinner but invited 6 people for snacks , butler filled our table with hot and cold appetizers enough for at least 20. Just talk to your butler, you will love this suite , we did a move up to penthouse on edge a couple of years ago.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, buncosquad said:

Except for the terrible overhang over the balcony from the above deck (if trying to avoid sunlight, this would be a good choice), appears to have a wonderful interior layout.

Totally agree with balcony since I love the sun, my wife liked it and you are really close to outdoor retreat.

4 minutes ago, George C said:

Totally agree with balcony since I love the sun, my wife liked it and you are really close to outdoor retreat.

I would love to book the PH on Edge class, except for the balcony overhang and no hot tub on balcony. 

I constrain my Celebrity reservations only to Edge class and only to IC and EV as those hot tubs and balconies are home runs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buncosquad said:

I would love to book the PH on Edge class, except for the balcony overhang and no hot tub on balcony. 

I constrain my Celebrity reservations only to Edge class and only to IC and EV as those hot tubs and balconies are home runs.

We sail on a royal suite with hot tub on Summit for third time next month and have never used hot tub.

10 minutes ago, buncosquad said:

I agree, we have 2 edge villa’s in the past and loved the outdoor hot tub!

I've stayed the the Iconic, Edge Villa, and PH suites. I prefer the other 2 to the PH; however, the PH is absolutely lovely. 

Pros: Spacious, HUGE master bath and shower, large dining table. 

Cons: As mentioned, the overhang over the balcony and a few odd wasted interior spaces. N

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sixpackeddie said:

We just won a Move UP bid on the Apex to a Penthouse. This would be our first time in a penthouse and was wondering the pro's and cons. We have 6 other family members travelling with us in 2 other cabins. I understand specialty restaurants are included with the suite. Is it permitted to host them in our suite for dinner? Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you!

You can host them for dinner but the specialty restaurants are mostly not available to order from. At least that was the case on the Ascent last month.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

The Penthouse on Edge class ships has two bedrooms and can easily accommodate two couples !!!

We were in the PH on the Apex and invited friends to join us on the cruise - so 2 couples in the PH.

The PH main salon and master bedroom/bath are really amazing other than the pocket doors opening and closing as the ship rolls even a little, so be prepared.

The second bedroom is very small with one small closet and no drawers. There is a hanging closet in the main salon just outside of the entrance to the "guest" bedroom. Our friends basically lived out of their suitcases for the cruise.

Somewhat funny - the door to the shower in the guest bedroom hits the rain shower head so you cant get the door open all the way - this isn't a big deal but one would think at over a billion dollars to build an E class ship those things wouldn't happen.

The Jacuzzi tub in the master suite is more like an indoor jetted plunge pool. Probably the best inside tub in the fleet outside of the tub in the master suite of an Iconic

Cheer

• Like 2

13 hours ago, buncosquad said:

Bunco - when you are in IC - are you typically a party of more than 2?  Is it overkill for 2?

25 minutes ago, FlyingCruiser2 said:

Bunco - when you are in IC - are you typically a party of more than 2?  Is it overkill for 2?

Only ever two of us. Doesn't seem like overkill.

If we travel with family, they get their own rooms.

We buy Iconics for longer sailings, but will do an EV if just 7 nights.

For us, we don't use the Retreat sundeck. Our own deck, and the room itself, is our retreat.

Those views! The hot tub. Daytime good enough, but at midnight, insane under the stars and moonlight.

Unforgettable. 

Edited by buncosquad

Thanks for your reply’s. I believe we will also have a dedicated butler as well. What are some benefits of having the butler? We never really used our butler in the past….what would also be reasonable to tip at the end of the cruise? 

53 minutes ago, sixpackeddie said:

Thanks for your reply’s. I believe we will also have a dedicated butler as well. What are some benefits of having the butler? We never really used our butler in the past….what would also be reasonable to tip at the end of the cruise? 

We like the butler for the staterooms we sail. This is also important to us.

We interact with no one but the butler for everything (arranging everything we do on the ship, laundry, flowers in the room on various days, drinks deliveries, breakfast served each morning in room on our dining table, final billing questions, etc), though our room stewards have been top notch, too (i.e., they handle the hot tub fill, wash, refill twice daily, including the one in master bath for ICs).

Celebrity has been superb.

I believe we tip very well.

Edited by buncosquad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, buncosquad said:

We like the butler for the staterooms we sail. This is also important to us.

We interact with no one but the butler for everything (arranging everything we do on the ship, laundry, flowers in the room on various days, drinks deliveries, breakfast served each morning in room on our dining table, final billing questions, etc), though our room stewards have been top notch, too (i.e., they handle the hot tub fill, wash, refill twice daily, including the one in master bath for ICs).

Celebrity has been superb.

I believe we tip very well.

Wow, that’s great. Does the room service come from Luminae? We were also hoping to order from Fine Cut one night. We are Elite plus so 2 bags are complimentary, it will be nice to have some dry cleaning included too. 
Thank you again for all this valuable information. It’s appreciated.

2 hours ago, sixpackeddie said:

Wow, that’s great. Does the room service come from Luminae? We were also hoping to order from Fine Cut one night. We are Elite plus so 2 bags are complimentary, it will be nice to have some dry cleaning included too. 

Yes, dry cleaning is included.

In fact, every cruise we've done, they took a few garments from us just to press them so we would be prepared for first and second evenings.

I honestly don't know where breakfast came from on any of the cruises, but we had a wide selection to choose from.

Unsure on dinners in stateroom, as we prefer to dine out for dinners.

2 hours ago, sixpackeddie said:

We have never cruised on E class but if in a higher suite on S or M class we have been able to order from other menus and sometimes things not on any menu. However, we have always let the butler know the day before if we want something not standard. If we have decided last minute to dine in suite we have just used the standard menu offerings. They probably would still get you something different but I just think it is polite if you want something ‘above’ what is included then you should give advance notice…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll add that in both the ICs and EVs, I did request a replenishment of ice over the day (as noted previously, our private decks are our retreat and utilized accordingly).

In the ICs, you get a full size refrigerator in the butler pantry. In every IC sailing, they brought champagne ice buckets full of ice, twice daily.

You can get mixers with the spirits you can choose for your room, and they'll get what you want.

The butler also brought drinks from one the bars. I believe one of the drinks we liked was the Copperhead(?) in Luminae and the Retreat sundeck bar. Always accommodating, they brought drinks to us.

The ICs and EVs are great options if you like privacy with nice accommodations. 

• Thanks 1