Day missing when booking dining on the app

westcoaster

I'm going on a 22-night trans-Pacific cruise that crosses the International Dateline heading east.  As a result, we have two days with the same date.  However, when I try to book dining on the app, it only shows one day for that date, and only shows 21 nights to book dining overall, even though the cruise is 22 nights.

I'm just wondering if others have experienced this issue and how was it resolved?

I think we are on the same cruise as you. I also noticed this, but not too worried. We’ll all be in the same boat (ship 😉). It so happens that that date is our anniversary so we’ll probably go to a specialty restaurant one of the days.

I also have the issue that my reservations are attached to a long cancelled duplicate booking and won’t appear in the new app and no one seems to be able to fix it, but have reassured me that the reservations are valid. I’ve just screenshot them all in the old app in case there’s an issue.

If your reservations are the same time daily as ours are, there shouldn’t be a problem.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, westcoaster said:

I'm going on a 22-night trans-Pacific cruise that crosses the International Dateline heading east.  As a result, we have two days with the same date.  However, when I try to book dining on the app, it only shows one day for that date, and only shows 21 nights to book dining overall, even though the cruise is 22 nights.

I'm just wondering if others have experienced this issue and how was it resolved?

I don't have a direct answer for this either...have never cruised across the date line.  However...you *might* try looking at the "web version" instead of either of the apps.  Who knows...this may very well be a total system shortcoming but it won't cost you anything to look!

Using a desktop/laptop/tablet go to Princess.com and log in.  Then open your cruise personalizer.  On that very first tab (NOT the Dining tab!) scroll down just a bit until you see:

web version.jpg

Take a look at the Dining section here and see if it shows anything different.  It may very well be the same issue...IDK.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

32 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

I think we are on the same cruise as you. I also noticed this, but not too worried. We’ll all be in the same boat (ship 😉). It so happens that that date is our anniversary so we’ll probably go to a specialty restaurant one of the days.

I also have the issue that my reservations are attached to a long cancelled duplicate booking and won’t appear in the new app and no one seems to be able to fix it, but have reassured me that the reservations are valid. I’ve just screenshot them all in the old app in case there’s an issue.

If your reservations are the same time daily as ours are, there shouldn’t be a problem.

It sounds like someone will be expecting 2 anniversary presents.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

I'm not too worried either.  Just curious about how this is handled.  My dining times are different on different days, but I'm less concerned about sea days.

Nice timing that you get to have 2 anniversaries!

• Like 1