Just for some laughs....I thought this was pretty good

OnTheJourney

Someone I follow on Twitter post this: 

"I really liked the Viking Cruise I went on.

Could have done without all the pillaging and plundering and so forth, but still, a fun time." 

:classic_laugh: 

• Haha 4

Hey JD...likewise to you! DW is improving steadily following her surgery last November. It was dicey for awhile though. She wound up in the hospital over Christmas. 12/23/23 has now become the scariest day of our married life, supplanting the Sky event of 2019. Weirdly, both are on the 23rd!  We got engaged 44 years ago on this day.

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Hey JD...likewise to you! DW is improving steadily following her surgery last November. It was dicey for awhile though. She wound up in the hospital over Christmas. 12/23/23 has now become the scariest day of our married life, supplanting the Sky event of 2019. Weirdly, both are on the 23rd!  We got engaged 44 years ago on this day.

Happy engagement anniversary! Our warm good wishes for health and happiness are with you both.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, JDincalif said:

Good to hear from you

How'd you manage with the crazy "atmospheric rivers" out there recently? Our daughter lives in Arcadia - recently moved there from Irving. They had a lovely apartment there and hated to leave it but she got a different job (was working for the University) and felt it better to move closer to Pasadena than possibly have long commute times due to traffic.

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

How'd you manage with the crazy "atmospheric rivers" out there recently?

Southern California had it far worse than those of us in the bay area but it was interesting here. We spent one Sunday afternoon just watching the wild cycling among sun/wind/rain from our living room windows. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JDincalif said:

but it was interesting here.

I'm sure. Crazy weather patterns. I've never yet been to your part of CA. Hopefully a CA trip sometime that would incorporate a visit to our daughter.  I thought this trip looks interesting. We have to book something to use the vouchers from the Mississippi trip by October (book by, not sail by).  https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/caribbean-americas/pacific-coast-explorer/pricing.html

On 2/15/2024 at 11:04 AM, OnTheJourney said:

I'm sure. Crazy weather patterns. I've never yet been to your part of CA. Hopefully a CA trip sometime that would incorporate a visit to our daughter.  I thought this trip looks interesting. We have to book something to use the vouchers from the Mississippi trip by October (book by, not sail by).  https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/caribbean-americas/pacific-coast-explorer/pricing.html

FYI Viking has Pacific Coast cruises scheduled for 2025.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/caribbean-americas/pacific-coast-explorer/index.html

Edited by OneSixtyToOne