Childrens clubs information

Hi I'm looking for booking / enrollment information about Childrens clubs on board Antham of the seas as we're taking our grandkids during the May 2024 half term.

Ive found the age ranges.  Aquanauts (ages 3-5 years), Explorers (ages 6-8 years) & Voyagers (ages 9-12 years), but how are these booked and can these be done in advance, so how?

Thanks 

We have 2 children who will be 5 and 7 when we travel in August. Is there any scope for the younger child to go into the older group as they will not like being split up.

Edited by cityblue08

10 minutes ago, cityblue08 said:

We have 2 children who will be 5 and 7 when we travel in August. Is there any scope for the younger child to go into the older group as they will not like being split up.

Those situations are on a cruise by cruise basis based on numbers and staff. Just ask when you register.  

My children are long aged-out of the kids' clubs, and I have a grandchild who'll be partaking for the first time soon, but here's what I remember:  

- Go to the kids' club as soon as you board -- well, I don't mean you need to sprint, but go as soon as you conveniently can -- and "join".  Once you've done that, you can drop your kids off at your leisure. 

- You can decide whether to allow your older children "self check-out" permission, and staff can send you a notification on your phone when your younger children want to be picked up.  

- The kids' clubs advertise their daily schedule -- used to be we'd get a paper Kids' Compass for the appropriate age group on our bed in the evenings.  It's probably on the app now.  They have nice activities:  science experiments, scavenger hunts, video game tournaments, PJ parties.  Sometimes they even take the kids to the buffet together.  

- Children all get a wristband, which they must wear at all times, that tells staff their muster station and more.  

- They are not at all lenient about moving kids "up or down" in age groups. 

- Be sure to send your children to the club activities on the first evening.  That's when kids'll be meeting new friends.  

Remember too that while you age up to please your 5 year old kindergarten child, there will be kids in that group that are 8 about to turn nine who might not be so happy to have them there.  

• Thanks 1

I've never been on a ship where kids club offered any notification, unless you took one of their phones. Is that an Oasis/Quantum thing?

Also there is no kids' compass anymore. They haven't brought those back since the restart.

On 2/15/2024 at 3:06 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

My children are long aged-out of the kids' clubs, and I have a grandchild who'll be partaking for the first time soon, but here's what I remember:  

- Go to the kids' club as soon as you board -- well, I don't mean you need to sprint, but go as soon as you conveniently can -- and "join".  Once you've done that, you can drop your kids off at your leisure. 

- You can decide whether to allow your older children "self check-out" permission, and staff can send you a notification on your phone when your younger children want to be picked up.  

- The kids' clubs advertise their daily schedule -- used to be we'd get a paper Kids' Compass for the appropriate age group on our bed in the evenings.  It's probably on the app now.  They have nice activities:  science experiments, scavenger hunts, video game tournaments, PJ parties.  Sometimes they even take the kids to the buffet together.  

- Children all get a wristband, which they must wear at all times, that tells staff their muster station and more.  

- They are not at all lenient about moving kids "up or down" in age groups. 

- Be sure to send your children to the club activities on the first evening.  That's when kids'll be meeting new friends.  

Thank you for taking the trouble to provide all this information it is very useful and a bit surprised that no one has questioned this previously, particulary there no information on the RCI web site about enrollment.

On Harmony a few weeks ago they had a binder with the scheduled activities for each day that they suggested I look through/take pictures of (in the aquanauts group).  Since our son was 3 they also gave us a form to fill out so they could check out a ship phone to us in case they needed to call us for an accident, etc.

The open houses should be listed in the daily planner.  They will individually go through with you the rules, expectations, what included, what is charged, etc.

23 hours ago, silentbob007 said:

On Harmony a few weeks ago they had a binder with the scheduled activities for each day that they suggested I look through/take pictures of (in the aquanauts group).  Since our son was 3 they also gave us a form to fill out so they could check out a ship phone to us in case they needed to call us for an accident, etc.

The open houses should be listed in the daily planner.  They will individually go through with you the rules, expectations, what included, what is charged, etc.

Thank you for the information. Very useful.

On 2/16/2024 at 9:46 AM, Essex_uk said:

particulary there no information on the RCI web site about enrollment.

It's pretty informal. A couple swipes of an iPad for who can drop off/pick up and any allergies or other pertinent info they should know.