Cruise ship docked in Sydney on New Years

tashaaa

Hi, 

just wondering if there is an info which ships are docked in Sydney over the new years on 31.12.2025.. 

which ships are usually docked on new years?

I know this is really far away, but it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity. 😁

5 hours ago, tashaaa said:

Hi, 

just wondering if there is an info which ships are docked in Sydney over the new years on 31.12.2025.. 

which ships are usually docked on new years?

I know this is really far away, but it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity. 😁

All information can be found here.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there are any ships docked there on NYE. "Refer PANSW" possibly is police vessels.

Does anyone have any information re the ships position and the view from 2023 NYE?

Also would love to know if Azamara offered anything special to see the fireworks-I just googled a boat cruise on the harbour and it was $1,400 per person 🤨

Hoping there's a reasonable view from White Bay Terminal

Any other suggestions please

TIA

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 8:33 AM, yarramar said:

All information can be found here.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there are any ships docked there on NYE. "Refer PANSW" possibly is police vessels.

They usually block cruise ships from docking at the OPT on NYE, and also possibly from anchoring at Athol Buoy. Essentially the Sydney fireworks display operates from barges in several places within the harbour so they keep ships well away from them.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2024 at 5:39 PM, happyholidaycampers said:

Does anyone have any information re the ships position and the view from 2023 NYE?

Also would love to know if Azamara offered anything special to see the fireworks-I just googled a boat cruise on the harbour and it was $1,400 per person 🤨

TIA

I don't think you'll get great views from the White Bay wharf. I think there is usually one or two firework barges on the western side of the harbour bridge but the view may be partially blocked, plus you won't see the bridge special effects which I think are only visible from vantage points on the eastern side of the bridge. I would be somewhat surprised if Azamara hadn't organized something for NYE if they are in Sydney that night. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/19/2024 at 11:39 PM, happyholidaycampers said:

TIA

You can definitely see the fireworks from Azamara's position at White Bay.  The video below is from NYE 2023; I have seen others years back with similar views.

Edited by mchell810
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, mchell810 said:

You can definitely see the fireworks from Azamara's position at White Bay.  The video below is from NYE 2023; I have seen others years back with similar views

Wow Michelle

Thats the view I was hoping for! 

Did Azamara arrange for any shuttles etc to Circular Quay/Opera House?

Thx

1 hour ago, happyholidaycampers said:

Wow Michelle

Thats the view I was hoping for! 

Did Azamara arrange for any shuttles etc to Circular Quay/Opera House?

Thx

I wasn't onboard so I don't know what Azamara might have arranged.  They often have a ship in Sydney for NYE and I've seen similar videos in the past so I just did a google search for the video.  You may want to ask on the main Azamara board if someone has done that cruise and can share specifics.