Icon pricing question - am I missing something

Did a mock booking for next January, balcony guarantee, on the Icon.  For 2 people, it was approximately $8000.  But, if I added a child in the room, it was $2000 less??????

What is preventing anyone from booking a room, saying there is a third person (probably child) and then not showing up with said person/child?  

Am I missing something?  I'm not a newbie - have been on 40+ cruises and have always booked directly with cruise company.  I know how to navigate the sight and get the discounts, if applicable.

Pricing is getting ridiculous

@mduffy1834,

@smokeybandit was joking about a thread created not so long ago about this identical situation.

Even the travel advisors say that what you saw is legit and said that many people were hitting the family of four only to leave the two children with the Grandparents at the last minute because they were not feeling well.

Sometimes the parents just need a break.

😉

• Haha 4

I've read that's it's because Icon has so many three or four bedded cabins that the two bedded are booked up, and therefore because of dynamic pricing become more expensive.

Would be interesting to know how many no-shows there are on Icon

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, mduffy1834 said:

What is preventing anyone from booking a room, saying there is a third person (probably child) and then not showing up with said person/child?  

Unless and until RCI changes the pricing scheme on Icon class, lots of people who know about this will do exactly that.

• Like 3

The ship has more 3/4 person cabins then two.  Two person cabins is a premium due to reduced supply vs. other ships.

They market it for families, price it for families, and then when adults without kids go on it they are unhappy that there isn't enough adult only space for it.  

• Like 3