QM2 2026 - fewer TAs and a gap in the schedule

esrs

My initial look at the new itineraries this morning was disappointing for someone who relies on an Eastbound TA to join up with other itineraries. There seems to be far fewer TAs than in the past and a gap from mid-May until late June in QM2's schedule (possible partial refurbishment?).  No TAs in June at all!  We see some possible voyages but not as many to pick from as I had hoped.

6 minutes ago, esrs said:

My initial look at the new itineraries this morning was disappointing for someone who relies on an Eastbound TA to join up with other itineraries. There seems to be far fewer TAs than in the past and a gap from mid-May until late June in QM2's schedule (possible partial refurbishment?).  No TAs in June at all!  We see some possible voyages but not as many to pick from as I had hoped.

Yes, there is a gap in QM2's schedule from 16 May through 23 June 2026 (38 days). The assumption is that's for QM2's extended "mid-life" refurbishment.

Here's what I posted earlier on the "Cunard 2026 Itineraries Preview" thread to update the running tally I keep of the number of QM2 transatlantic crossings per year. The total number of crossings during 2026 is approximately in line with previous years, especially when taking into account that she will be out of service for over a month during that gap in May/June.

QM2 Crossings Per Year

2004 = 15

2005 = 26

2006 = 20

2007 = 23

2008 = 24

2009 = 23

2010 = 21

2011 = 21

2012 = 20

2013 = 18

2014 = 18

2015 = 22

2016 = 21

2017 = 24

2018 = 24

2019 = 24

2020 = 1

2021 = 1

2022 = 25

2023 = 16

2024 = 20

2025 = 24

2026 = 19

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Why the gap in May/June and not later in the year? Why have they chosen that time?

Shipyard availability?

I don't think we know where the work is taking place yet. Perhaps when that is known it will be clearer. You'd imagine it'll probably be Hamburg, Rotterdam or North West France. Any of them will have nice long daylight working days at that time of year.

I imagine mid-year is a good time as well, as I can only assume Transatlantic Crossings are a tad more popular in the winter months given there aren't many other ships doing similar trips.

2 hours ago, MylesS said:

I imagine mid-year is a good time as well, as I can only assume Transatlantic Crossings are a tad more popular in the winter months given there aren't many other ships doing similar trips.

Could be, although the prices don't suggest that, with winter crossings being the cheapest (something I have taken advantage of!)