Where to stay in Seattle?

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza (downtown) before our Alaska cruise.  It wasn't inexpensive, but we that most of the hotels that we looked at in downtown were fairly expensive.  I felt like the area was safe.  The hotel offered a shuttle to the cruise port  (I don't remember the cost, but it was fairly reasonable.  We had five people, so uber was more difficult with cruise luggage.)  We were able to walk to Pike Place Market, though we did Uber back because it was uphill.  🙂  The rooms were nice.  It wasn't in walking distance of the Space Needle, but we just ubered when we were sight seeing.  I would stay there again.

• Like 1

Last time we were there we stayed at The Inn at the Market. 

Great little botique hotel that is just feet away from Pike market. They have a great rooftop deck overlooking Elliott Bay and it is an easy walk to the waterfront.

• Like 2

My suggestion would be to stay somewhere near the water so you don't have to deal with any crazy Seattle hills aka cliffs. I stayed at the Kimpton Vintage last summer before and after my Alaskan cruise. That was my first time in Seattle. It was very difficult to walk anywhere because of the hills. 

• 2 weeks later...

Like others have said, really anywhere near Pike Place Market. We stayed at the Charter Hotel Seattle (a Curio Collection by Hilton hotel). We weren't there for a cruise, but it walk able to a lot of stuff and would be easy to get a taxi or Uber/Lyft to the port from any hotel in that area that meets your needs.

dctravel