Why is the 'aft' part of the ship so popular?

You might try www.cruisedeckplans.com to see if there are any pictures of your cabin. It's been a great help to me. We really love aft cabins.

I have to say THANK YOU for posting that link! I have never seen that site before. I was walking down memory lane, looking at all of the past cruises. That was very cool. Thanks! :D

We did deck 8 (8392) on the Navigator . It was our first and last aft! No shade, No shelter and No privacy! If an aft cabin was the only available choice I'd take it but it's defiantly not my first choice!

Tmmull-

We have reserved 8392 aft balcony on the Mariner for our 4/2007 cruise. Our sons will be in an inside cabin across the hall. I was told by the RCI rep that the balcony is larger than normal and that we would get full sun (I will enjoy sunning on my own balcony without the crowds). Why do you feel the balcony did not offer you privacy compared to others you have had in the past? Any thoughts would be appreciated, as this will be only our 2nd cruise and our 1st with a balcony view. Thank you!

Tmmull-

We have reserved 8392 aft balcony on the Mariner for our 4/2007 cruise. Our sons will be in an inside cabin across the hall. I was told by the RCI rep that the balcony is larger than normal and that we would get full sun (I will enjoy sunning on my own balcony without the crowds). Why do you feel the balcony did not offer you privacy compared to others you have had in the past? Any thoughts would be appreciated, as this will be only our 2nd cruise and our 1st with a balcony view. Thank you!

Teakers, Here's a link to some pics from the balcony.

http://community.webshots.com/album/510783189qWsvmu

You will see that deck 9 has FULL veiw of deck 8's balconys ! Deck 10 can also see most of it. The veiw is nice, but the first morning I went out with my coffee to enjoy it I was startled by a cherfull "god morning" from above! Lukally I was wearing a bathrobe!:o

Tmmull, Thank you for posting your pics, I enjoyed seeing them. The lack of privacy on a balcony like that would not bother me and I'd probably be the one wishing my neighbor a "good morning!"

I love the shot of the wake and the view of the skyline.

There is nothing I would do on a balcony that I would not do in public, other than I'd get out of my robe into clothes before I left the cabin. I read here about people doing some private things on balconies and all I can say is, how uncomfortable is that!

We had our first aft balcony a couple of years ago. That's when we came up with our new policy - unless we can get an aft, then we'll just forego the balcony and save $$$ on an ocean view. It made that much of an impact!

The walk is very long, but seriously, couldn't we all use a little extra exercise with those fancy dinners every night?

We're leaving Sunday for our Rhapsody cruise and this time, we got an aft on the corner with the amazing wrap around balcony. Who knows? I might not ever even make it up the pool! At least I won't have to worry about the whole pool chair hogging situation!

Ann

Hope you enjoy your cruise tomorrow!:) Which aft wrap-around do you have? We have 8088 in December.;) Take lots of pictures. :)

Hi, We're staying in aft cabin 7692 on the Mariner and was wondering if we will get sun on our balcony or is it covered? And how much bigger is our balcony? Any help would be great as this is going to be our honeymoon. Thank You.

Having a cabin on the stern or aft part of the ship is wonderful - especially when part of nature decides to join you. Sea Bats when they jump from the ocean on to your balconies deck, are wonderful to watch and feed. These are harmless, very shy and playful creatures that seem to be very selective on to whose decks on which to land, however - they always land on the stern of the ship.

- Mildred’s other half, who has spent way too much time at sea in the Navy...

Archived