Why is the 'aft' part of the ship so popular?

Many say the balcony is bigger and they love to watch the wake of the ship. But some complain that it's MUCH longer to walk back to the cabin if you forget something, or are a woman alone late at night. Personally, I would book it as it would make me walk more after all the FOOD I'm going to eat!!:D

I have not been on one yet. But wanted to share anyway:p

Still new to cruising and wondering what all the buzz is about in regards to this part of the ship!
Just so you're clear, it's not the aft part of the ship, it just those balcony cabins which have their balconies facing aft. Any other cabin in the aft part of the ship doesn't have anything much going for it.

we are die-hard aft cruisers...LOVE the walk, LOVE the quiet, LOVE the views, LOVE the wake, LOVE the larger balconies...and thanks to those who don't as it gives us a better chance to book them!!!;)

We have only had one aft cabin, but if when we book, we always try for one. The balcony and views are wonderful. Also, the higher up the better. I prefer to be on the highest deck. the balconies are such that the ones above can ssee the ones below. (No I dont want to spy on people, I just don't want to be spied upon!)

we are die-hard aft cruisers...LOVE the walk, LOVE the quiet, LOVE the views, LOVE the wake, LOVE the larger balconies...and thanks to those who don't as it gives us a better chance to book them!!!;)

I booked my first cruise for the fall of this year on AOS in a D1 aft corner cabin. Can you tell me anything about it? It's on deck seven. I'm waaaay excited! :D

I booked my first cruise for the fall of this year on AOS in a D1 aft corner cabin. Can you tell me anything about it? It's on deck seven. I'm waaaay excited! :D

I was booked in a D1 cabin, and I too wondered what all the fuss was about. I read everything about it on the boards and I upgraded to an 8th deck aft JS....my first! I can't wait!

We had our first aft balcony a couple of years ago. That's when we came up with our new policy - unless we can get an aft, then we'll just forego the balcony and save $$$ on an ocean view. It made that much of an impact!

The walk is very long, but seriously, couldn't we all use a little extra exercise with those fancy dinners every night?

We're leaving Sunday for our Rhapsody cruise and this time, we got an aft on the corner with the amazing wrap around balcony. Who knows? I might not ever even make it up the pool! At least I won't have to worry about the whole pool chair hogging situation!

Ann

Finally, the truth to the aft balconies, revealed. :D

So I have two questions for those of you who have had them...

1 - do you feel like you are "riding backward" when sititng on the balcony?

2 - how does the size of the aft balcony compare with a GS balcony?

(I see two doors pictured in the GS on the FOS and I was wondering how that matched up to the afts)

Thanks for revealing your secrets. :)

I have my first aft booked March 07 on the Brilliance deck 9. I don't know how I will be able to wait that long.

Can the people on deck ten look down on us? Does the balcony have lounge chairs or just chairs? I have had a cabin way in the front of the ship also and I did feel motion, we have rough waters one night, is the motion at the back better or worse than the front of the ship? If there are any pix of an aft on the Brilliance, I'd love to see one!

Thanks in advance

I have my first aft booked March 07 on the Brilliance deck 9. I don't know how I will be able to wait that long.

Can the people on deck ten look down on us? Does the balcony have lounge chairs or just chairs? I have had a cabin way in the front of the ship also and I did feel motion, we have rough waters one night, is the motion at the back better or worse than the front of the ship? If there are any pix of an aft on the Brilliance, I'd love to see one!

Thanks in advance

Don't know, maybe some of the aft users can shed some light?

you can do a search on these boards for pictures, use the RCCL board, and any of the Radiance Class ships will be the same. I know that there are numerous pix lurking about.

The balconies on Deck 10 have room for lounge chairs and chairs/table. Am not quite sure about Deck 9 as I didn't crane my head over the railing to inspect them(!!)...

NO, you don't feel like you're riding the waves backward...you really don't have a sense of motion other than the beautiful wake the ship leaves behind...

aft, you'll either love it or leave it...we LOVE it.....

Archived