Any idea what the Costa Cruises term “first breakfast” means?

GSTgst

Any idea what the Costa Cruises term “first breakfast” means?  It’s on their website (for certain premium level cabins).  It can’t be early or late seating for breakfast (“first” meaning early seating), because they offer no sit-down breakfast dining option at all (it’s 100% buffets).  Having been to many countries, I’m thinking it’s another language term for Continental Breakfast.  I’ve done internet research and nothing comes up as “first breakfast”.  Costa Cruises has it as a benefit on their website for certain level cabins, so it means something.  But numerous people aboard the ship assert they don’t offer Continental Breakfast anymore (they admit they offered it during the pandemic, but it has since been discontinued) – it’s only full breakfast now via room service at a $5 Euro per day charge.  Any insight?  Thank you.  

Untitled.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the premium cabins have the breakfast delivery to the cabin included. But you can only order continental breakfast if you want no delivery charge.

So the "first breakfast" means that premium cabins have "priority" because they can cet continental breakfast room service for free.

Happy cruising!😊

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just come back from my cruise on the Costa Smeralda. I had a balcony cabin and I used the room service for breakfast every morning. There is a good selection of quality breakfast food on the menu and you can avoid the chaotic buffet for only 5 Euros per day👍🏻

I enjoyed that a lot and preferred to spend time on my balcony.

They even bring you a red rose with your roon service breakfast.

I am a diamond/sapphire RCCL and NCL cruiser and this was my first time on Costa - no tier level, complete newbie.😄

I learned a lot of "new things" on my week with Costa....in case you have questions feel free to ask me😉 I will try to answer...

• Like 1