Uber at PortMiami

odysea

Hi there, we will be disembarking Carnival Sunrise in Miami on Easter Monday, there are 7 ships including ours in port that day. I know it'll sound like we’re from the Stone Age😂 but we’ve never used Uber and are considering it to return to MIA once we’re off the ship. I think we can figure out how to order one using the app, but are wondering how plentiful will they be and where do they pick up? Thanks🙂

Order it after you disembark once you have your luggage. Walk out the doors and you should see the area where shuttles and ride shares pick up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 9:36 AM, odysea said:

Hi there, we will be disembarking Carnival Sunrise in Miami on Easter Monday, there are 7 ships including ours in port that day. I know it'll sound like we’re from the Stone Age😂 but we’ve never used Uber and are considering it to return to MIA once we’re off the ship. I think we can figure out how to order one using the app, but are wondering how plentiful will they be and where do they pick up? Thanks🙂

Download the Uber app and have your credit card info etc on file in advance. You can even get an estimate by putting in date and time, location, etc. Just don't hit the final order now or whatever the last step is. 

• Like 1

If you've never used the Uber/Lyft app and/or you're in a hurry to get to the airport, I'd skip the rideshare and just take a taxi. You have to wait for your rideshare driver to show up after you order it while taxis will be right there at the terminal exit and ready to go. Rideshares might be a few bucks cheaper but not by that much. IMO, take a taxi and GO!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

If you've never used the Uber/Lyft app and/or you're in a hurry to get to the airport, I'd skip the rideshare and just take a taxi. You have to wait for your rideshare driver to show up after you order it while taxis will be right there at the terminal exit and ready to go. Rideshares might be a few bucks cheaper but not by that much. IMO, take a taxi and GO!

Thanks, we’re not in a hurry to get to the airport, we’ve decided to stay a few extra days after the cruise but good info to have for another time 👍🏻👍🏻