When booking - Shows only 6 left, in red text.

Looking at our upcoming cruise, when I pull it up, the web-site shows just a few left, total balcony cabins. (total of all balcony categories)

I had not noticed this a lot before.  Not sure if Princess has always shown this.

It shows quite a few cabins available for selection, so I had been wondering - this sailing should be full.

So, are THAT many people booking GTY.

It seems that the way discounts are being offered are if one books entry-level GTY...  (Which we did not do, we picked a high level Deluxe Balcony)

I think I am seeing a lot of this, with TA's...  Princess wanting to book more and more GTY???

Edited by Wishing on a star

If you book early, GTY and Assigned cabins cost the same. I guess they are using dynamic pricing to try to load balance between GTY and Assigned.

More GTY allows more opportunity for up sell bidding, I would think.

I think that they are very purposefully offering TA's the opportunity to offer lower lead-in rages on entry level GTY bookings.  I am seeing more and more of this.

Our last bookings were with an agency that has been known for some kind of discounting..

They now display their Starting At lead-in rates, that are low...  But if you want to book a cabin that is NOT an entry level GTY...  no real discount.

Perhaps this is why there seem to be so many GTY bookings...  so many cabins are showing available,  but the site shows only 5 or 6 ?

Edited by Wishing on a star