Yet another Internet Question

Denise T

Hello fellow cruisers. 

I have been trying to find this information and have tried rewording it in the search many different ways but cannot find what I am looking for. 

Here is the situation. My sister and I are sailing on the NCL Sky in October Quebec to Baltimore. I have sailed on NCL two years ago. Is it possible to upgrade our basic internet from the Free at Sea to my sister having unlimited Wi-Fi and I having unlimited premium Wi-Fi because I will probably have to work (I know, I should be relaxing but I am a private practice owner and adjunct professor who does not have the luxury yet of taking a vacation). Would this allow for her to use her package and her tablet or phone and me to use my package and my laptop at the same time. I am completely prepared to get the package for two devices if I have to. Just checking on options. I did not get much from NCL when I asked, only that I could upgrade online. I hope this makes sense but ask me questions and I can clarify. I have a head cold which may be preventing me from understanding. 

Thank you in advance. 

@Denise T  Short answer is yes, you can do that, as you described ... assumed & understood you both have FAS with the 100 minutes WiFi included "free".

You do not need to upgrade & pay upfront, wait until you are onboard as it is easier done thru the Norwegian App yourself, but if you have difficulty, go see the iCafe manager for help s/he has posted "office" hours manning the help desk.  

You upgrade yours to the premium unlimited and your sister upgrade to the basic unlimited plan, each of you will have your own username & login, you can swap and change to her plan, she can switch to yours for the premium, unblocked access as needed - multiple devices can be activated & registered (whitelisted) to a given account, to use it - one device at a given time but you can change or switch.  

A good reason to wait until onboard, any non-refundable/OBC can be applied to offset the net cost of the upgrade, charged to your onboard account.  

• Thanks 1

Yes, you can do that, just NOT online as the system is set up to have either the first two people or no one have the same option. You have to call NCL, or I guess you could use the chat feature of the website. I just email/call my PCC, personal cruise consultant, and she adds one unlimited package under my name which my husband and I alternately share.