MSC help

Luvcruisin76

Posted (edited)

Hi! I'm looking for some experienced people that can help answer a few questions. We are seriously looking at booking our first MSC cruise, we've been on multiple Royal, Celebrity and Carnival cruises which are all run pretty similar but I know MSC is somewhat different and want to be able to make an informed decision. It will be 3 passengers, myself, my husband and our 12 yr old daughter. We were going to do Celebrity beyond but was afraid she would be bored without the ropes course/waterslides. She has never been interested in kids club so that's a no go.

My main questions are...(and for reference I'm looking at a balcony room but no frills as we don't drink so upgrading to the next step up including the drink package doesn't help us) if I choose the early dining it shows a range of time.. how does that work. We always choose late dining but 9:30 is really late but 5:30 is way too early!

Also are there many places to get food during the middle of the day not at traditional meal times like on other cruise lines.  

2. How do the shows work is their only 1 show per night and you have to have the correct dinner time to catch the shows as well? We ran into that problem at times on carnival, we would have to leave the show early to get to dinner.  I think that's my main questions for now..

This would be out of Miami on Seascape I believe.

Edited by Luvcruisin76

10 minutes ago, Luvcruisin76 said:

Hi! I'm looking for some experienced people that can help answer a few questions. We are seriously looking at booking our first MSC cruise, we've been on multiple Royal, Celebrity and Carnival cruises which are all run pretty similar but I know MSC is somewhat different and want to be able to make an informed decision. It will be 3 passengers, myself, my husband and our 12 yr old daughter. We were going to do Celebrity beyond but was afraid she would be bored without the ropes course/waterslides. She has never been interested in kids club so that's a no go.

My main questions are...(and for reference I'm looking at a balcony room but no frills as we don't drink so upgrading to the next step up including the drink package doesn't help us) if I choose the early dining it shows a range of time.. how does that work. We always choose late dining but 9:30 is really late but 5:30 is way too early!

Also are there many places to get food during the middle of the day not at traditional meal times like on other cruise lines.  

2. How do the shows work is their only 1 show per night and you have to have the correct dinner time to catch the shows as well? We ran into that problem at times on carnival, we would have to leave the show early to get to dinner.  I think that's my main questions for now..

So, dinner times are fixed. The reason you are seeing a range of times for the early seating is that there are often multiple "early" seatings in the various dining rooms onboard, so one may be at 5:30 and one may not be until 7:00. You will be assigned a single dining room, time, and table, but if it is not to your liking, there is a chance you can go to the maitre'd station and get it changed on embarkation day. No guarantees though. For food outside of meal times, your only real option is the buffet, which is open pretty much all hours until late at night.

Shows will usually be performed two times per night in the main theater, though I have heard of them having three on some ships and sailings.

4 hours ago, Luvcruisin76 said:

Hello:

Even if it is a different vessel, in MSC Seaview times are

Dinning

18:00, 20:00 and 22:00

Shows
20:00, 21:15 and 22:30

so everybody can have dinning and show

We were going to do Celebrity beyond but was afraid she would be bored without the ropes course/waterslides. She has never been interested in kids club so that's a no go.

Then make sure you choose one of the newer MSC ships, that is Meraviglia onwards.

As usual there are not "many" options, but there is the buffet and the pool grill. Not much difference to what you are used to from other lines.

2. How do the shows work is their only 1 show per night and you have to have the correct dinner time to catch the shows as well?

The time frames for the shows are always set up in a way that they don´t clash with the dinner times, no matter how many seatings. 

11 hours ago, Luvcruisin76 said:

On Seascape right now.

If you take longer than 75 minutes to eat than the shows could be can issue.

7:30 and 9:30.

So eat at 6 and catch 9:30 show.

If you book MSC, use a TA! Doesn't cost you nothing but gives you a safety net.