Ship Tours?

BobbiFlekman

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BobbiFlekman said:

Are "behind the scenes" tours offered on Cunard Ships?

They are, however, it all depends on the length of your cruise. In October 2023 (20 day itinerary) it was offered, however, on my previous cruises of 10/14 days they were not offered.

Visit the onboard Tours office ( who are responsible for bookings) or check out the daily programme

Behind the scenes tours usually last for 3/4 hours and is chargeable, not to be confused with the occasional  Galley tours were there is no charge. 

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, martinmct said:

On the QM2 world voyage at the moment, there was a tour offered earlier in the voyage and another is imminent. $120 USD

Nice to know these are back on QM2. On our last TA in December 2022 they still were not being offered and they have been high on my list of things to do aboard!

Posted (edited)

They are offered on QE too BUT top tip from receptionist, book on the first as they often get cancelled. I can attest to this as mine has now been cancelled three times and now won’t happen at all!

Have no idea whether they just didn’t get enough interest but getting vague “operational reasons” and “unforeseen circumstances” as reasons is a bit pathetic. Just be honest!

Edited by Wonky
Poor spelling!

There were department heads (Chief Engineer, head chef, etc.) involved in each segment of our tour last December, along with a lengthy visit to the bridge, so it's not hard to imagine "operational reasons" being legitimate. While that could also be a euphemism for "insufficient sales", ours was sold out.

17 hours ago, ClipperinSFO said:

Nice to know these are back on QM2. On our last TA in December 2022 they still were not being offered and they have been high on my list of things to do aboard!

We were on the westbound TA that month and had boatloads (sorry) of OBC. Really wanted to use some for the tour, but it wasn’t available.

I did it last year on QM2, it was a fantastic tour. I was back on the QM2 last month and enquired about it at the tour desk but was told that it wouldnt be run during the Fremantle-Sydney leg but would be run after Sydney. So its a luck of the draw kind of thing. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

A behind the scenes tour was available the other day on the current QM2 world voyage segment between Singapore and Cape Town.  They ran an ad for it in the daily programme.  It was $120 per person if I remember correctly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1