Corner Sunset Sky Suites

Does anyone know offhand how separating the beds works with the pole placement? Just booked one of these on Reflection for a friends trip over the summer and I'm wandering if it will be super awkward to maneuver around. 

7 hours ago, rcrabb1513 said:

There is another thread on the corner suites in general.  I posted this:

We have been in 9301 (port side corner aft sunset suite) and we loved it. Yes there was a pole in the cabin about 6 inches from the bed (see the attached picture). It was on my side of the bed at about my knee, and was not an issue. On a rough sea day it was helpful to have it to steady myself after just waking as the ship was rolling a bit. If standing at the railing you could see balconies below but sitting nothing but ocean and the wake. I am sure those above could see us if we were both at the railing. I never gave it thought though. We wouldn’t hesitate to book it again

I think the biggest drawback is the long walk from the closest elevators to our cabin.  At the beginning of the cruise it was no big deal.  As the 10 night cruise progressed it became a bother, but certainly not a deal breaker.  However, if you forget something and have to go back to retrieve it, it would be a bigger issue.  Thankfully, we never had that happen.

Bedwithpole.thumb.jpeg.99be5c4a8e0671e9e272b08c6c8cc9b3.jpeg

Thank you for your reply @rcrabb1513. It was very helpful. 

16 hours ago, BeeMinor said:

Does anyone know offhand how separating the beds works with the pole placement? Just booked one of these on Reflection for a friends trip over the summer and I'm wandering if it will be super awkward to maneuver around. 

This only a guess but there ample amount of space to leave one bed near the pole and separate the other bed away from it.  The cabin is larger than a "normal" Sky Suite. 

The other drawback is more the case of this being an older ship before the proliferation smart phones and other devices needing to be charged.  There are only 2 outlets in the cabin, both under the desk.  If booking this cabin (and from the USA 🙂 ) bring a European style plug and perhaps a voltage adapter.  We have a one that has 3 USB ports and 2 US style outlets.  It supplies 220 volts though.  Our 2 CPAP machine power supplies do handle 220 volts so we used for just them.  We brought magnetic hooks to route the cord on the ceiling  There is also a lamp on the pole side of the bed that has 2 USB ports to use as well.

We have read that Celebrity does not allow guests to bring their own extension cords.  We asked for and were provided a cord and the cabin steward volunteered a gallon of distilled water, no charge. 

9301Outlets.thumb.jpeg.c060a3b964e843bf642e48013fa0dbce.jpeg

CordRoute.thumb.jpeg.037a68202f6e7737ae8e225d9cb6d3fc.jpeg

• Thanks 1

We had 9374 on Solstice last fall in Alaska and loved it. And yes, I was concerned about the pole - mainly, needing to get up in the middle of the night and destroying my kneecap - but it was never a problem.

13 hours ago, MarEll1 said:

Thank you for your reply @rcrabb1513. It was very helpful. 

@MarEll1 I just uploaded some pictures of the cabin to cruisedeckplans.com  If unfamiliar with that site, it is a good place to research cabin choices for most any ship in any fleet.

We just finished a transatlantic on the Equinox and had cabin 1666 SV sky suite. It was our third corner aft cruise. I love the bigger room and balcony. We spend a lot of time in our cabin so it was great to have the extra space. We did have access to a butler who handled Retreat passengers in addition to our room attendant and two individuals in the Retreat lounge. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, rcrabb1513 said:

@MarEll1 I just uploaded some pictures of the cabin to cruisedeckplans.com  If unfamiliar with that site, it is a good place to research cabin choices for most any ship in any fleet.

Thank you - I will take a look. We just booked this  cabin for our Greek cruise.

On 3/1/2024 at 11:54 PM, elapel01 said:

Hi, is there a problem with the corner Sunset Sky Suites?  Example Cabin 9301 on Silhouette?  I’m looking and I see the corner Sky suites are available where all the ones in the middle are taken. Just making me wonder. TIA.

I believe all the staterooms in the middle are not Sky Suites but are the regular Sunset Verandas which we cruise in all the time. 

1. We're in 7356 on the Soltice currently and on the desk we have two grounded US plugs and one European.  We have a couple of multi plug, no surge plugged in and have lots of devices.

2. I really do love these corner rooms.  Someone, I think a previous guest, put strips of glow in the dark tape on the poles.
  • Like 1