QV during summer holiday

keikobad

Thank you for all the informations within the Cunard board here. As I have never sailed with Cunard it was full of useful information. We have been very loyal with Holland America Line (200 nights) and it feels like Cunard should fit for us too.

We think about to board the QV for 4 weeks on the 22nd of July. Can someone guess which crowd will be on the ship? Needless to say that if we like HAL we do like a more quiet life onboard. So here is the main question. Will there be many families onboard during the summer holidays? I can see some kids and have no problem with them but I like to have a quiet dinner and read in the library without having it transferred into a kindergarden playground. We haven't cruised the Mediteranian for a long time and I remember that even on HAL the crowd was younger and with kids. Thank you for any "Cunard summer holiday experiences".

There will be children, but not hordes.  In my experience, children have always behaved very well on Cunard ships, and are well cared for by the children’s and teenagers’ facilities. They will not disrupt dinner.

I don't think we've ever seen the kind of behaviour you're concerned about on Cunard and we have had many school holiday cruises on QV. The children/teens have been a delight to see.

There were quite a few teens on our Baltic sailing last summer and they were obviously having a ball hanging out together and dressing to the nines each evening. We don't see the littlies unless they're on a pirate rampage/treasure hunt around the ship with their youth staff.