Sagrada Familia website

So, I see the tickets are available for the day we would like to go and tour not only the inside but go up the tower.  I see on the Sagrada Familia Website and have read that others in this group have had issues just purchasing tickets.  Has anyone gone on a tour using their website? How was it? I also have an email ending with .Net so I assume I'll need to use another email like gmail.  Just looking for some confirmation that this would easy enough to do.

Thanks

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, ktbmhb1 said:

So, I see the tickets are available for the day we would like to go and tour not only the inside but go up the tower.  I see on the Sagrada Familia Website and have read that others in this group have had issues just purchasing tickets.  Has anyone gone on a tour using their website? How was it? I also have an email ending with .Net so I assume I'll need to use another email like gmail.  Just looking for some confirmation that this would easy enough to do.

Thanks

Their tours are excellent.  The website is just fine. Try booking your tour. Use your own email. Don't use amex. If you have any questions, come back.

Edited by marazul
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, marazul said:

Their tours are excellent.  The website is just fine. Try booking your tour. Use your own email. Don't use amex. If you have any questions, come back.

Thank you I had no problem on their website booking so I guess I'm all set. 

So glad to cross that off the list

• Like 2

On 3/4/2024 at 9:47 PM, ktbmhb1 said:

Thanks

Try to buy it with Visa or Mastercad. In addition it should be a card with some bank security proofs (not only for Sagrada Familia but for any online shop in the whole European Union)

On 3/4/2024 at 4:34 PM, marazul said:

Try booking your tour. Use your own email. Don't use amex.

Opposite experience booking our tickets thru the cathedral website.....

First issue:  It did not like my email that ends in .net.....had to use a different email address

Second issue:  My BofA visa did not have some sort of Euro required multi-authentication so was declined.....Used my Amex (which has nothing special) and the transaction was approved.

Once we got thru that drama, we are good to go....So looking forward to touring Sagrada Familia in April!

5 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

First issue:  It did not like my email that ends in .net.....had to use a different email address

Second issue:  My BofA visa did not have some sort of Euro required multi-authentication so was declined.....Used my Amex (which has nothing special) and the transaction was approved.

Once we got thru that drama, we are good to go....So looking forward to touring Sagrada Familia in April!

😵‍💫🤪 Go figure!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Hello 

The problem wasn't Sagrada Familia webpage but your bank.

This rules apply to the whole purchasing webpages in the European Union.

Your card must assure at least TWO out of these THREE items

- something inherent to you (like your fingerprint, your facial recognition, etc...)

- something you know (like a PIN code, a password, etc...)

- something you have (your mobile phone, your mobile number...)

In this last case, some banks blocks their app only to one device, other use app notifications through allowed devices, etc... Other ones can send you a SMS (only accepted to mobile number holder).

In case you have lost your mobile and you have to make an operation, when calling you have two items

- password

- voice recognition

so... problem is security in cards from your bank isn't as strong as required in European Union.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to search this forum for the link to buy tickets to Sagrada Familia.  I have found this one:  https://sagradafamilia.org/en/     Can I assume that's the official one?

Thanks to advice here we've switched our hotel to the Alexandra in the Gothic Quarter.  That puts us close to a few other Gaudi buildings.  Do we need to buy tickets in advance to these?  We're visiting early May.

1 hour ago, mlmdaisy said:

I have tried to search this forum for the link to buy tickets to Sagrada Familia.  I have found this one:  https://sagradafamilia.org/en/     Can I assume that's the official one?

Thanks to advice here we've switched our hotel to the Alexandra in the Gothic Quarter.  That puts us close to a few other Gaudi buildings.  Do we need to buy tickets in advance to these?  We're visiting early May.

Yes, that's the official site. 

The only tickets you might want to get in advance are for Casa Battló. 

If you are interested in Modernist architecture, do not miss visiting the Hospital de San Pau.  It is not a Gaudí work, but it is by his contemporary Lluis Domenech. 

https://www.introducingbarcelona.com/hospital-de-san-pau

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, mlmdaisy said:

Thank you again, Marazul.  I have added that to my list.  We are studying maps now and will create a loop of "wish list" sites.  

Yeah, it is official website   

For Barcelona, here you are some tips

Gothic quarter

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2983675-one-day-in-barcelona-gothic-district-and-surroundings/#comment-67083083

Montjuic Mountain

Edited by alserrod
  • Like 1

Opinions/thoughts of best time of day to visit Sagrada Familia?

I will purchase tickets soon for a November visit, so wondering if there might be an optimal time of day to tour…music playing?….Natural (sun) lighting?….crowds?…Construction workers?

Pretty sure any time is good so hopefully not over thinking!