First time Celebrity Questions

I am thinking of booking a Celebrity Edge Wine Cruise from Sydney in December.  I would appreciate some answers to a couple of rookie questions:

What is different about a "wine cruise"? I like the name (being an enthusiastic wine drinker), but can't find a clear explanation of what you get around wine (included, and also paid extra for).

Hints on cabin location on Edge. I usually take an aft balcony cabin, but would also look at those Oceanview cabins that have the big windows. Which decks to avoid?

What do you get if you take a drinks package with Celebrity? Where can I find a drinks list for Celebrity Edge Australian cruises?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted (edited)

The “wine” part of the cruise probably refers more to the regions you’ll be visiting rather than any special events on board.

The only differences regarding drink menus in Australia is that they will have the gratuity built into the price.  

Edited by dcbiker97

We are doing this next month. Nothing really different that I know about on board. There are wine excursions in the ports. Adelaide has some expensive through Celebrity but our Roll Call has two different private wine tours. Other ports have wine with other activities. If I remember I will come back and let you know if there is anything wine related on board besides the usual wine tasting.

The title of the cruise is strictly marketing to make it sound better.  Celebrity doesn't do "themed" cruises with special events on board to focus on a wine region or a wine experience.  Avoid deck 12 for booking a cabin.  The pool deck and buffet are on the deck above and are very noisy 24/7.

If you've got some spare time for a lot of reading, this thread talks about this year's wine cruise.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2810132-celebrity-edge-april-05-2024-9-night-cruise-australia-wine-cruise-rt-from-sydney-australia/page/12/

There was no list of drinks by package. The difference between the packages is the liquor used in the mixed drinks.

if you are a wine lover then you need the premium package ($17 limit which is $20 in Australia to account for the tip) and expect to pay a upcharge for many decent wines.  The premium package includes wines that sell in the US for $12-17 a bottle depending on taxes where you live. 

Here is the beverage package list of inclusions 

IMG_1108.thumb.png.9a91c0ed6d7de8826e66317e52f13e4b.png