Silver Dawn Copenhagen to Denmark

wanderingnsw

I know it's kind of last minute, but I'm considering booking a cruise in July on the Silver Dawn. It will do the Baltics. I've never been before and really look forward to seeing things there. Has anyone been on this cruise? Just wondering if there are any excursions that are "not to be missed". 

Oh, I should say I'll be traveling with myself (30s) and my husband (40s) - we're up for adventures. We took our young daughter on a SS cruise to Alaska last summer and had a blast, but looking forward to sailing child free this summer.

Hi😀, FYI....Copenhagen is in Denmark. Is this a round trip cruise? 

I took the Dawn last year Southampton to Copenhagen and had a fabulous trip. I have not done the Baltics but I have sailed on Dawn at least 3 times......she is one of my favorite ships. Hope you have a great cruise😀

• Like 1

We were on the Dawn last August from Copenhagen to Southampton doing Oslo and the Norwegian fjords.  Spectacular voyage, Dawn is awesome, service impeccable and even the weather was beautiful.  Have not done the Baltic cities that is your itinerary, but I don't see how you can go wrong being on the Dawn.

Be sure to arrive in Copenhagen several days early as it is a wonderful city to explore.  Enjoy!

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Luv2Cruise1016 said:

Be sure to arrive in Copenhagen several days early as it is a wonderful city to explore. 

Enjoy!

Same for Stockholm.  I've only done land based trips to Scandinavia but be sure to spend time in Stockholm.

Old Town, Vasa museum and Skansen are probably our top three tourist sight  but there are many.  Swedish people are wonderful.

Edited by RetiredandTravel

Gdansk I highly recommend going to the *** concentration camp if offered.  Be warned, it is very emotional even if not Jewish.  Gdansk is a beautiful city.  Walk around downtown if you have time.  The only town that we found the tours very boring was Klaipeda.  We booked a private tour there to an abandoned Soviet missile site, and went underground.  These missiles were targeting European capitals during the Cold War.  If interested I can put you in contact with the couple that runs the tours.  They are fantastic.  All of the other towns we visited were very nice.  I believe we just did city tours.  looking at your itin the Riga offerings are pretty week.  We just walked around.  When we did this cruise, including three days in St Petersberg on the Whisper in 2015, tours were not included free.  In Helsinki, be sure to walk to the food hall.  it is just meters from the sip if the docks are the same.  Gamla saluhallen is the name.