Getting distilled water onboard

I need about 8 ounces (1 cup) a day of distilled water for a medication I need to mix.  

For a 10 day cruise that is 80 ounces or 10 cups.

If I ask for water for a CPAP will that be enough?

Thanks.

Hi there, they'll keep you supplied. Best if you ask ahead of time so they can have the ship well stocked.  Last month I used the chat feature on the Princess website and asked that way. Very easy to do.

Happy sailing!

1 hour ago, bladerunner6 said:

I need about 8 ounces (1 cup) a day of distilled water for a medication I need to mix.  

For a 10 day cruise that is 80 ounces or 10 cups.

If I ask for water for a CPAP will that be enough?

Thanks.

They've normally given me 1 gallon for my CPAP, which would be 16 cups, so you should have more than enough.

Technically, the request for distilled water under Dietary Restrictions says "Distilled water (for CPAP machine use ONLY)". The note under Medical Requests General Information says "Distilled water is only provided for use with your c-pap machine, onboard free of charge in gallon units, provided you submit a request in advance of sailing." So, technically, they will not provide free distilled water for mixing medication. However, I doubt that the cabin steward or anyone else will verify that you have a CPAP machine and refuse you the water if you don't.

2 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

They've normally given me 1 gallon for my CPAP, which would be 16 cups, so you should have more than enough.

Technically, the request for distilled water under Dietary Restrictions says "Distilled water (for CPAP machine use ONLY)". The note under Medical Requests General Information says "Distilled water is only provided for use with your c-pap machine, onboard free of charge in gallon units, provided you submit a request in advance of sailing." So, technically, they will not provide free distilled water for mixing medication. However, I doubt that the cabin steward or anyone else will verify that you have a CPAP machine and refuse you the water if you don't.

Where do you find this two forms to preorder Distilled water?

thanks

On 3/8/2024 at 10:00 PM, ChristiCruising said:

To pre-order online go to Princess.com and sign in. Go to your booking and click on “Check-in” then click on “Dietary Requests”. There is an option for distilled water there. 

@ChristiCruising, worked perfectly.  Thank you.

On 3/8/2024 at 8:20 PM, NavyVeteran said:

I would think anyone with any idea about good customer service would be okay with it: I specifically need purified water for this.

I've never had anybody check if I had my CPAP for my distilled water - it's normally waiting for me when I get to the cabin, so there isn't anything for them to check in the first place. You shouldn't have any issues unless you ask for several gallons.

Note that I rarely get any confirmation of my request, so don't get overly concerned if you don't hear back from Princess.

6 hours ago, Pohra said:

I've never had anybody check if I had my CPAP for my distilled water - it's normally waiting for me when I get to the cabin, so there isn't anything for them to check in the first place. You shouldn't have any issues unless you ask for several gallons.

Note that I rarely get any confirmation of my request, so don't get overly concerned if you don't hear back from Princess.

I said that I didn't expect anyone to check, but you should know the printed policy - even if you don't plan to follow it.

Sometimes I receive an email confirmation, and sometimes I don't. The main confirmation is in the Princess Travel Summary in the section on SPECIAL SERVICES. The following three items were listed under SERVICE with QUANTITY 1, PRICE $0.00, TOTAL $0.00, and PASSENGER my name:

• Distilled Water (1 Gallon) *
  • Extension Cord Requested
  • Medical Equip-CPAP/BIPAP Not Suppl*
  • Like 1