Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

Ok, here’s why I love NCL and did not

fall in love with MSC.  We’re nobody here-  not in an exclusive enclave, just regular ole passengers.  I’m in the observation lounge and asked for La Crema Chardonnay- they didn’t have it.  Instead of telling me no and offering what they do have, they apologized and told me they were going to get some for me. I never asked.  But they did, and poured me a nice glass for my wait.  Amazing service! 

Contrast that to MSC last spring break.  We

were sailing in their Yacht Club and had the premium drink package.  they seemed to never have the premium selection of wine and never offered any comparable substitution, they just “poured down”.  Sometime they wouldn’t have a Chardonnay at all and they would offer “a white” - huh?  Not the same!  

This Bliss team goes above and beyond to please.  Service is stellar!  It matters…

image.jpg

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Siglo!!  They are really good!  I could totally sit and listen to this all night… good recommendation!!@ChiefMateJRK

IMG_6644.jpeg

NICE!!!  I followed them around for two weeks last April on an AK B2B on the Bliss.  That's Randy on the guitar and Jun on the drums/vocals.  I had a number of off-line discussions with them over the two weeks.  Jun said that his first album was Jackson Browne Running on Empty and that developed into his love of music and performing.  Randy had been working on Purple Rain but wasn't quite there.  They told me they would do their best to have it ready by week two.  I think it was the day we were in Juneau.  They told the audience that they had been working hard on  a new song while everybody was off exploring glaciers.  LOL.  They kindly dedicated that first performance to the Chief and DW.  I really enjoyed those guys!  Ask for Purple Rain (or any of the great Pink Floyd renditions they do, or really anything....).😎

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Like 4

Medium rare steak, jumbo shrimp,

chicken, veggies, ginger and garlic sauces and friend rice- per DD - best meal of the cruise, per DD!  10/10 - family memories…

IMG_6654.jpeg

IMG_6655.jpeg

IMG_6653.jpeg

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

NICE!!!  I followed them around for two weeks last April on an AK B2B on the Bliss.  That's Randy on the guitar and Jun on the drums/vocals.  I had a number of off-line discussions with them over the two weeks.  Jun said that his first album was Jackson Browne Running on Empty and that developed into his love of music and performing.  Randy had been working on Purple Rain but wasn't quite there.  They told me they would do their best to have it ready by week two.  I think it was the day we were in Juneau.  They told the audience that they had been working hard on  a new song while everybody was off exploring glaciers.  LOL.  They kindly dedicated that first performance to the Chief and DW.  I really enjoyed those guys!  Ask for Purple Rain (or any of the great Pink Floyd renditions they do, or really anything....).😎

Love this!!! Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, L1211 said:

Instead of telling me no and offering what they do have, they apologized and told me they were going to get some for me. I never asked

Thank you for this. I’m a green’ish cruiser, with a good few sailings [2018, 2019+/2023+], another one in a few weeks. I’ve only experienced NCL and appreciate the attention to F/B and customer service. The ‘never asked’ and free style (I can’t do a formal night on vacation) keeps me coming back, even if hiccups occur, I hope things round it out. 

the chilled white wine, the snackies, Indian buffet, is all reassurance that I’m spending my PTO vacation days well spent. Thank you. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kp125 said:

I’m not fluent in Spanish but it looked like they were protesting the split of port money between Federal and local government. The captain came on after and said it was the Mexican admin that shut it down. When we got back there was only one heavily armed soldier and the demonstrators had dispersed 

Thank you for this.  This is our most anticipated port!  Booked private boat-

would be so disappointed if they canceled…

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lush LaRue said:

Thank you for this. I’m a green’ish cruiser, with a good few sailings [2018, 2019+/2023+], another one in a few weeks. I’ve only experienced NCL and appreciate the attention to F/B and customer service. The ‘never asked’ and free style (I can’t do a formal night on vacation) keeps me coming back, even if hiccups occur, I hope things round it out. 

the chilled white wine, the snackies, Indian buffet, is all reassurance that I’m spending my PTO vacation days well spent. Thank you. 

Excited for your sailing!  I’m over my disappointment of no Vibe passes.  Not what I planned, but what I have!  There is so much good!  Service is just stellar, zero complaints.

Food is hot and tasty and entertainment plentiful.  

i think you made a good choice! Thanks for coming along on my review!! 

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Two weeks- best practice for sure!!!  Jealous- will get There  eventually…

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, L1211 said:

Ok, here’s why I love NCL and did not

fall in love with MSC.  We’re nobody here-  not in an exclusive enclave, just regular ole passengers.  I’m in the observation lounge and asked for La Crema Chardonnay- they didn’t have it.  Instead of telling me no and offering what they do have, they apologized and told me they were going to get some for me. I never asked.  But they did, and poured me a nice glass for my wait.  Amazing service! 

Contrast that to MSC last spring break.  We

were sailing in their Yacht Club and had the premium drink package.  they seemed to never have the premium selection of wine and never offered any comparable substitution, they just “poured down”.  Sometime they wouldn’t have a Chardonnay at all and they would offer “a white” - huh?  Not the same!  

This Bliss team goes above and beyond to please.  Service is stellar!  It matters…

image.jpg

Love to hear positive comments about service on the ship. 

Todays plan: meet at 9:45 - wait,

no one time me about time change!  I really am green on cruising…. Leisurely morning got a little more rushed!  Only a 30 minute walk then port prep! 

here are a few morning sights. Wondering what was in the speedway space on Eacape and getaway?

IMG_6657.jpeg

IMG_6658.jpeg

IMG_6659.jpeg

IMG_6661.jpeg

IMG_6664.jpeg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, floridafish said:

I absolutely agree with you about the service excellence on the Bliss.  Mardes, the Assistant GM, is quite amazing (IMO).  I absolutely believe her positive leadership style inspires others to excel.  You don’t even need to speak with her…just watch her interactions with others.

BTW, my personal experience with both NCL and MSC is that most bartenders don’t go out of their way to get you something they don’t have.  It’s the ones that do that make the difference.🥰

• Like 2

Small mini golf- RCCL clearly wins the mini-golf game with their Disney-like spaces for families- so t get me wrong, I still like the NCL experience better! 

IMG_6662.jpeg

IMG_6663.jpeg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

I absolutely agree with you about the service excellence on the Bliss.  Mardes, the Assistant GM, is quite amazing (IMO).  I absolutely believe her positive leadership style inspires others to excel.  You don’t even need to speak with her…just watch her interactions with others.

BTW, my personal experience with both NCL and MSC is that most bartenders don’t go out of their way to get you something they don’t have.  It’s the ones that do that make the difference.🥰

Last year on the Escape, on a sea day, several people started playing "stump the bartender" (at Syd Norman outdoors) with odd drink requests. One couple wanted Pickle Shots, which are pickle juice and vodka. (Sounds disgusting to me) They were fairly adamant about getting them.

Of course the bartender kept saying he didn't have pickle juice, so couldn't make them.

One of the assistants went to the kitchen and returned with an empty pickle jar that had 1/4 juice.

The bartender made the shots, and everyone was happy.

• Like 1