Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

Pro tip!  Uber in PV- only $7 go go to romantica zone.  Was $40 at the port!  The app asked if I wanted to add 10 pesos I added $100 - he was lovely! 

• Like 1

Turns out the pier is on the same street as the day spa.  2 minute walk.  You can hire boats here or find beach restaurants in either direction.  Gorgeous! 

IMG_6693.jpeg

IMG_6691.jpeg

IMG_6695.jpeg

IMG_6694.jpeg

IMG_6693.jpeg

• Like 2

So I’m confused - we walked out front of the ship and walked a very short way out of the port and crossed the street to Liverpool mall and picked up Uber.  Return, Uber dropped as at a port that required a shuttle to get to the ship???  Is that normal here? Did we return to the wrong place?? 

IMG_6718.jpeg

IMG_6717.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, L1211 said:

So I’m confused - we walked out front of the ship and walked a very short way out of the port and crossed the street to Liverpool mall and picked up Uber.  Return, Uber dropped as at a port that required a shuttle to get to the ship???  Is that normal here? Did we return to the wrong place?? 

IMG_6718.jpeg

IMG_6717.jpeg

That does seem odd.  In November we walked through the mall out to the street to catch the public bus.  We took a taxi back which dropped us near the picture you showed above at the port entrance…then walked back through the mall.

The girls cannot stop raving about the Metamorfosis Day  Spa in Old Town.  10/10 - best massage ever they say.  It was lovely inside, nice facilities. San atmosphere and a fraction of on-ship prices!  About $70 USD all in for 90 minute massage.  It has a 4.9 rating in Yelp and got great marks down the departure port boards!  Highly recommend 

IMG_6689.jpeg

IMG_6690.jpeg

• Like 4

Passed a KFC on the way and with windows down got a huge whiff of that familiar smell.  Now CC is advertising KFC to me-

ha!  I worked there a while Back- did a expat assignment in Shanghai KFC! Good memories!  My kids loved China. 

IMG_6720.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, laudergayle said:

That does seem odd.  In November we walked through the mall out to the street to catch the public bus.  We took a taxi back which dropped us near the picture you showed above at the port entrance…then walked back through the mall.

It worked out nicely!  While much further away, the trolley took us right to where’d we enter the ship.  DH had a barking knee so it was perfect! 

• Like 2

Here are your curated snacks available in the observation lounge and the current view.  Such great service and venue! 

IMG_6725.jpeg

IMG_6726.jpeg

• Like 4

What a great port! We really enjoyed our walk around old town, the pier and lunch.  Highly recommend taking Uber (~$9) versus a taxi from the port.  It’s about 25 minutes.  Old town is beautiful- hills, sea views everywhere, and these gorgeous cobblestone streets. Here are a few sights- great day! 

IMG_6704.jpeg

IMG_6703.jpeg

IMG_6702.jpeg

IMG_6700.jpeg

IMG_6699.jpeg

IMG_6698.jpeg

IMG_6713.jpeg

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, L1211 said:

What a great port! We really enjoyed our walk around old town, the pier and lunch.  Highly recommend taking Uber (~$9) versus a taxi from the port.  It’s about 25 minutes.  Old town is beautiful- hills, sea views everywhere, and these gorgeous cobblestone streets. Here are a few sights- great day! 

IMG_6704.jpeg

IMG_6703.jpeg

IMG_6702.jpeg

IMG_6700.jpeg

IMG_6699.jpeg

IMG_6698.jpeg

IMG_6713.jpeg

We loved PV, especially the Malecon.  But, I have to say, in November it was soooo hot and humid.  I thought I would melt, and my hair was one hot mess.  
BTW, saw the same KFC and tried yo get a pic for @cruiseny4life.  Lol.

I introduced a hotel brand in Shanghai in 2008.  The difference between Pudong and Puxi sides of the Bund were staggering.  The ex-pats living there told me about while Puxi had the most incredible architecture…the banks were still pen and paper 🤷‍♀️.  My visit was def eye-opening.

Enjoying your Live!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

At Cellars Wine Bar- loving this tablet menus of wines.  And that price Far Niente Chardonnay is crazy good- $125 and we Get 40%! I asked if he could ship a case to KY and that was a no- ha!

the DH went with Silverado cab- we’ll be there in a week!  

IMG_6733.jpeg

Edited by L1211
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

We loved PV, especially the Malecon.  But, I have to say, in November it was soooo hot and humid.  I thought I would melt, and my hair was one hot mess.  
BTW, saw the same KFC and tried yo get a pic for @cruiseny4life.  Lol.

I introduced a hotel brand in Shanghai in 2008.  The difference between Pudong and Puxi sides of the Bund were staggering.  The ex-pats living there told me about while Puxi had the most incredible architecture…the banks were still pen and paper 🤷‍♀️.  My visit was def eye-opening.

Enjoying your Live!

Wow, what a fun assignment in Shanghai!  We were only a couple years behind you 2010 start.  We were in Hong Qiao - Puxi - it was a great place to live! 

thanks for coming along on the love- it’s nice to know someone is out there!!