Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Ha!  Definitely not alone in boarding area. 10:43 here and the crowds are getting restless!  No groups called yet…

they gotta get Haven on board . . . . 

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Pre board message!  Haven followed by Priority Access followed by Latitude guests by level.  10:46  

Was on Bliss last week. We arrived at port around 11:30. only hang up was security. Once we got past that, we checked in and boarded. 

Have a good time. Was very crowded on our cruise. had to make sure to get to all entertainment very early. 

Only one big issue and that was Cagney's. (which was one of our favorites, DH said never again!) Took 45 minutes to get bread and water after we sat down. Then another 30 minutes to have orders taken, and another 40 minutes to get meal. And filet mignon was terrible. Could hardly cut it with a steak knife. 

1 hour ago, erisajd said:

they gotta get Haven on board . . . . 

Haven went quietly first- didn’t make too much of a scene.  PA went quickly after followed by ADA 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

Was on Bliss last week. We arrived at port around 11:30. only hang up was security. Once we got past that, we checked in and boarded. 

Have a good time. Was very crowded on our cruise. had to make sure to get to all entertainment very early. 

Only one big issue and that was Cagney's. (which was one of our favorites, DH said never again!) Took 45 minutes to get bread and water after we sat down. Then another 30 minutes to have orders taken, and another 40 minutes to get meal. And filet mignon was terrible. Could hardly cut it with a steak knife. 

Oh no!  Now I’m rethinking (way too late) my haven decision… it’s crowded today - everywhere…

Wowee long to get dining reservations was hopping today.  I was in without a wait because we boarded so quickly.  But,

I tried to move our Manhattan reservations (only 5:30or 8:30 available pre-sail) and it was totally booked.  Odd… not

what I was told- that they hold back inventory. Oh well! 

IMG_6411.jpeg

• Like 1

Wine tasting game plan!  We’re taking advantage of the 40% off with FAS Plus.  
- wine and cheese tasting

- wine and chocolate tasting

- black glass Macaroon tasting (???  Anyone??)

- old world vs New world 

IMG_6414.jpeg

• Like 4

Entertainment schedule- we’re hitting the Beatles tonight - so glad to see them holding events in the Bliss Theatre!  

image.jpg

• Like 2

Current position- the weather could not be more perfect!  Absolutely love the Waterfront!  The girls are in Spice.  image.thumb.jpg.18e63d0195b4f37352ae18dad0be22ac.jpg

• Like 2

Here’s the schedule tonight- the pre-game at Buffet is an odd choice and  a nod to my youngest DD- she is a picky and tiny eater and LOVES the buffet.  She did not get that from her mom! Not my favorite place…. So buffet for drinks and small bites it is!  Followed by Beatles then Manhattan room.  Will keep you all posted! 

IMG_6415.jpeg

• Like 2

IMG_6418.thumb.jpeg.d4cb3030c137086e6744588a7c1ed8a3.jpegIMG_6418.thumb.jpeg.d4cb3030c137086e6744588a7c1ed8a3.jpegMenus from lobby bar- question for experts- any other bar have high end rum for mojitos?  The DH is a huge Pillar fan- anyone know it from Key West?? The Mojito was made well according to the DH, just missing better rum… for me, it’s Chardonnay - the La Crema was perfect ( from FAS+ menu). 

IMG_6419.jpeg

IMG_6417.jpeg

• Like 1

Lunch was at Savor today.  I love me a sit down meal on embarkation day!  It was a bit busy but no wait!  The service was quick and food piling hot! Couldn’t ask for more.  

First course

DH had corn hush puppies- he rated them a 6/10- lacked flavor but sauce was excellent.

Roasted tomato soup- 9/10- delicious!  Steaming hot, excellent tomato flavor, lovely crema on top. Oddly, included a macaroni pasta- hmmm

IMG_6426.jpeg

• Like 2

For mains, DH had wedge salad, he rated it 6/10- decent.  A bit of blue cheese, eggs, lacked bacon flavor.

i went for veggie  rissoto  with pesto- 7/10 - a bit rich , couldn’t eat much of that - heavy for lunch.  

IMG_6428.jpeg

• Like 1

PSA on Vibe passes onboard. Hard No!  Boarded early, ran to Teppanyaki, told to go to Guest Services, hustled there- almost got laughed at.  They were pre-sail only.  Sold out means sold out. So much for Urban Legend… big no… sigh. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can we talk Wi-Fi?  Long lines at Internet cafe.  Gracious Jersey Boys performer was helping out.  He also works art auctions- versatile chap!  He was lovely, But Wi-Fi is actually unstable in the main lobby on 6 - now we know!  

• Like 1