Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

7 hours ago, L1211 said:

Wine tasting game plan!  We’re taking advantage of the 40% off with FAS Plus.  
- wine and cheese tasting

- wine and chocolate tasting

- black glass Macaroon tasting (???  Anyone??)

- old world vs New world 

IMG_6414.jpeg

I'm looking forward to following along. A few years ago DH won a lot of on board credit playing Deal or No Deal, and we spent it going to all these classes. They were fabulous! Have an amazing cruise ❤️

• Like 1

Baked ziti - rated 7/10 - sauce excellent, good cheese 

herb crusted chicken- 6/10 - lowered by the chicken- potatoes and broccoli better

chicken piccata- 8/10- yum!  Chicken cooked perfectly, lovely sauce.  Presentation lacking but tasty! 

IMG_6481.jpeg

IMG_6480.jpeg

IMG_6479.jpeg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AKR2011 said:

I'm looking forward to following along. A few years ago DH won a lot of on board credit playing Deal or No Deal, and we spent it going to all these classes. They were fabulous! Have an amazing cruise ❤️

Yay!!!  We have stockholder OBC for our classes- on the house!  Will certainly bring you along!! Memories!! 

• Like 2

Crème brûlée- 6/10- flavor really good- texture just ok (the DH makes the best creme brûlée so tough crowd..,)

apple pie- 1/10- total fail! Hard, jelled. Ugh.  

chocolate lava cake - 8/10 - alpaca texture - nailed!. Berries, ice cream, all really good!! 

IMG_6485.jpeg

IMG_6484.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Was your suitcase ever found?

Yes!!! My husband left the Beatles experience and claimed it.  Spent the evening in my boarding “fit” but all good!! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, L1211 said:

Priority access benefits for anyone wondering - not sure I would have purchased it if they had told me there were no vibe passes for sale once aboard.  Tried and lost 

IMG_6451.jpeg

I’m curious if it’s worth it for getting off the boat in Cabo. It’s such a small window of time to get off and on the boat

17 minutes ago, alyciawitz said:

I’m curious if it’s worth it for getting off the boat in Cabo. It’s such a small window of time to get off and on the boat

Hope so! We have a private boat through Kelly Boar chartered for 2 hours- whale watching and beach hopping!  Another reason for PA! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, alyciawitz said:

Did you know there’s a prison at the far end of the Port? 
Coasties are also located nearby too. 

No!  Found the sail away so interest- like nothing else…

11 hours ago, JBEAS11 said:

Also longrime NCL fan. Sapphire latitudes. However temper your expectations as food quality has dropped to slighly above MSC in food service. I have 2 NCL left for the year if all are the same as the last two NCL cruises Im done. They are stripping it down to the studs to make as much cash as possible. Also entertainment has been cut in half! 

I’m making my family rate their food once they have it!  They are playing food critic.  The DH is a foodie for sure - he’s not been wowed yet.  So far all included places.  I’ve had a few really good things and nothing terrible!  All warm (huge for me!).  Did not love food on MSC… much better so far!  Service has been really good.  Fingers crossed 🤞!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Loving your review.  Bliss is a wonderful ship.

Last time I sailed her was with @ChiefMateJRK and his charming wife.  Had a grand time.

Luggage?  That's a shame.  So, if they can't find it, I'm hoping it made it onto the ship from the porters on the dock.  Maybe elevate the issue with Customer Service?

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Last time I sailed her was with @ChiefMateJRK and his charming wife.  Had a grand time.

Luggage?  That's a shame.  So, if they can't find it, I'm hoping it made it onto the ship from the porters on the dock.  Maybe elevate the issue with Customer Service?

Luggage was found as stated in post 131

14 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Gave me a scare for sure!  “Don’t pack meds in your luggage, they say…”. “What could go wrong, I say…”. Lesson learned with a whole lotta stress!  Did find that my embarkation joggers, tee, and tennies were way more versatile than I realized- pool wear, bar wear, show wear, dinner wear -ha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hour walk and first drink of the day!  So beats that home office, hunched over a computer or on the phone.  Ok, that comes later but first vacation. Ahhhhh

IMG_6534.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BTW..that chocolate lava cake is my fave desert.  Now, I need to book a cruise as I really want some. 😉

I see there are sugar free options on one of the menus.   I had read somewhere else they didn't have any.  

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

BTW..that chocolate lava cake is my fave desert.  Now, I need to book a cruise as I really want some. 😉

I see there are sugar free options on one of the menus.   I had read somewhere else they didn't have any.  

It was literally perfect.  Warm, melty in the middle, small scoop of chocolate chip cream was rich and creamy and the strawberries - perfect dessert!!! I was a little worried about food qualify- the DH is quite the foodie - so far really good! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, L1211 said:

It was literally perfect.  Warm, melty in the middle, small scoop of chocolate chip cream was rich and creamy and the strawberries - perfect dessert!!! I was a little worried about food qualify- the DH is quite the foodie - so far really good! 

Outstanding.

I was on the Prima last month and found that the food was quite good.  Glad to hear you're finding the same.