Question about excusion: "Imperial Rome with Colosseum Exploration"

We are on a 7-day Mediterranean (Sept. 15-22, 2024) cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. 

I want to be able to enter (and hopefully skip lines) to go inside the Colosseum and St. Peter's Basilica.

Does this excursion allow me to do so?

Link: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/shore-excursions/rom/rome-italy/imperial-rome-with-colosseum-exploration/cv2v

Any tips and advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Did you see the "Important Details" section of the page you linked to?  It seems to spell things out nicely.

EVERYONE has to pass thru the same security line at the Colosseum, even if you already have tickets (and a guide) to get into the colosseum.  There is no skipping this line.  If that line is long, it sounds like your guide may decide to not take you inside.  If the line is reasonable, it says you will go inside.

At the Basilica, they mention that strict dress codes are in place.  That would not apply unless you were going inside the building.  But it also lists reasons why you might not go inside.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

I also highly recommend this company.  We have used them 6-7 times and loved every minute.  If you join your roll call and get some others to join you it can be much cheaper.  They also have a "share tours" on their website where they group you with a few others.  They have great vans that hold 6-7 people.  They will also find you a bathroom if necessary!!