Barcelona flight bag drop off at port

I was just reading on the Barcelona Airport page that says that various cruise lines and airlines have made arrangements that folks getting off a cruise can check their luggage at the port and check in for their flights. Now this page doesn't show Virgin listed but looking at the dates in the article it may be pre-Covid.

Does anyone know anything about something like that? It would be great if we could do that and then go see the town. 

Posted (edited)

It’s a company called Bags and Go, you leave it with them at the port and collect it from them at the airport.

https://bagsandgo.com/en/

didnt use them myself, but there was a queue of people leaving things with them when we left the port last year.

Edited by jon81uk

11 hours ago, garycarla said:

too bad you will not be spending a few days in Barcelona. Great city.

I'm pushing the limit of number of days I can be away from work. Otherwise I would spend some time there. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I was thinking the page hadn't been updated in awhile but thought I would ask because if it was still going on it would be a great option. @jon81uk I will check into bagsandgo. that sounds like it might work.

15 hours ago, jaxcruisinguy said:

I used bags n go having luggage sent from airport to ship back in 21’. It worked out great, bags were waiting for us outside our cabin.

I am definitely going to look into having them take our bags to the airport. I'm traveling with 3 friends and two are staying in Barcelona for a few days and the other friend and I have to get back to the states sooner. So, she and I booked an evening flight back to Heathrow so we could have a little more time for all of us to hang out together and see some of Barcelona and of course try the food. But the luggage was going to be an issue and this looks like it will solve that issue.

I’ve used Bags and Co multiple times from airport to ship and ship to airport. 

The last time I used it was September 2023. They are available outside every berth as soon as you pass Passport Control and customs. 

You can pre-book on their website if you wish which allows you to drop and go rather than queue. 

The cost is 12 euro for the first bag and 10 euro for each subsequent bag. They will take your bags to the lower level of Terminal 1 for you to pick up (irrespective of which terminal you depart from). The latest pick up is approx 7pm so you will need to get your bags by then. 

It’s a fantastic service - I’ve used them and recommended them so much I’m going to ask for a freebie when I’m at Barcelona port in May! 😀

• Like 1