OBC. Thing of the past?

2 minutes ago, doghog said:

Agree. We have also experienced getting lower cruise fares, gratuities, specialty dining and OBCs using a TA. Haven't received any BPs. 4 outta 5 aint bad. 😉

30 cruises booked with the same TA...Reason I posted was because what used to feel like you were getting great perks, and big obc, is now gone...I used to feel that the cost of the cruise was good, we got great perks, and usually at least $250 and more if longer trips...So then I was thinking that I need to look around, and am not finding anything better with other TA's like others have said to try...My search will continue, but not holding high hopes....All too often, once it's gone, you don't get it back...

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Hawkstar33 said:

30 cruises booked with the same TA...Reason I posted was because what used to feel like you were getting great perks, and big obc, is now gone...I used to feel that the cost of the cruise was good, we got great perks, and usually at least $250 and more if longer trips...So then I was thinking that I need to look around, and am not finding anything better with other TA's like others have said to try...My search will continue, but not holding high hopes....All too often, once it's gone, you don't get it back...

Hit and miss lately. I agree the pickins' are getting slimmer. Kept our March 2024 Princess and September 2024 Edge cruises with Princess and Celebrity for that reason. Transferred our March 2025 RC B2B cruise to a TA for reduced cruise fare, gratuities and additional OBC. 

Edited by doghog

The only OBC I'm getting these days is from my TA.  And my usual go-to TA has reduced the amount significantly...to the point that I now shop around much more than I did in the past.  It's out there, you just have to find it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

.My search will continue, but not holding high hopes....All too often, once it's gone, you don't get it back...

Rules won't let me name the site but search around for sites that allow multiple TA's to vie for your booking.  The one I use now allows me to put my desired booking out there for TA's to bid on...for lack of a better word.  They will tell you their pricing and also how much OBC they are offering.  Often the pricing is the same from one TA to the next so the savings is in the OBC.  I just booked a 10 night cruise on Beyond.  The list price for the category we chose was going to be just over 5K with classic drinks and basic wifi.  Not a bad price for 10 nights but the TA I ultimately went with offered a group rate of $3800 and also included basic wifi and Classic drinks.  Their OBC offer was $350..so a little under 10%.  It was a site I stumbled on when just doing a random internet search for TA's that specialize in cruising.

On 3/12/2024 at 8:02 AM, mahdnc said:

Some of us are still sailing on older bookings that had larger OBC attached to it.  Our upcoming 14 night canal sailing on Summit next month was booked under a Thanksgiving 2022 promotion which delivered $200 OBC per passenger for my family of 4.  So the grand total of OBC back then was:

$800 2022 Black Friday Promo OBC

$50 2022 Cyber Monday Promo OBC

$100 Booking On Board OBC (repositioning cruise even though it is 14 nights)

$250 Shareholder OBC

$1,200 Total OBC

If we had booked a suite (back then), I am sure the OBC would have been even larger.

Yes, we had 2,200 on a cruise(suite) I had to cancel!🥶  For 2025, we have 700 total for a TA in a suite, along with another 525 for the cruise prior which is 11 days, in an SV.  I just won’t be using the spa, as prices are way more and not always as good as home.  No big deal, but when looked at holistically, not a good deal either!

On 3/12/2024 at 10:57 AM, wrk2cruise said:

It's cruise search tool which can track prices.  I believe it is ok to mention here (I've seen it mentioned multiple times) since they are not a travel agency and don't sell travel.  I have a watchlist setup and do monitor it daily but the graphs shown are listed on my watchlist for each category I'm watching.

www.cruiseplum.com

Unfortunately, I keep receiving wrong pricing, not to mention being sent other cabin/suite prices.  Like everything these days, customer service is different from its name.  anyway, glad it is working for you.