Table for 2

negn

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 555 said:

We were on the Ruby, Nov 6th, had a table for 2 for the whole cruise and although we would accept any table for 2, we were always assigned the same table each night.

This is reassuring, thank you.  We are on the Ruby this November and have reserved a table for two in Michaelangelo each night at 7.  Hopefully it works out, but if not I'll be sure to speak to the maitre'd.

Edited by mamafun
a word

We are going on Island Princess. We made reservations for every night for a table for two at 6pm. Are you saying that even though we have this reservation they may not seat us at 6 and they probably won't give us a table for two?

Haven't sailed on Princess for a few years so I'm not up to date with the procedures.

I was under the impression that we can sit at the same table for two every night in that we had the same reservation for all eleven nights. Am I wrong?

18 minutes ago, mamafun said:

This is reassuring, thank you.  We are on the Ruby this November and have reserved a table for two in Michaelangelo each night at 7.  Hopefully it works out, but if not I'll be sure to speak to the maitre'd.

You picked one of the most popular times to arrive, we didn't. We always arrive at 5 PM when the restaurant first opens which probably makes a big difference. I will say that talking to the head waiter & getting an assigned table reduces the waiting time at the door. 

We also noticed that the speed of service definitely slowed down at around 6:30-7:00 PM if we were still there at that time. Of course it might have been to our overworked waiter & helper.  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, artvlay said:

I was under the impression that we can sit at the same table for two every night in that we had the same reservation for all eleven nights. Am I wrong?

From our past trips, they will seat you at a table for 2 no matter what time you arrive BUT that's provided they have one available at your selected dining time. If not, you'll be queued for the next available slot. If you pick one of the most popular times to arrive, the chances diminish accordingly.  

3 hours ago, chisoxfan said:

That is unfortunate.

Oh we sat by ourselves, at a table for 6 where they removed all other place settings

3 hours ago, 555 said:

Were you at the Michelangelo DR on deck 5? 

Botticelli, deck 6 aft.

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2024 at 5:19 PM, negn said:

We are currently on the Ruby.   Months ago we reserved a table for 2 at 6 pm.   Have yet to not have to share.  Most tables are for 6-8.  There are barely any 2 tops in the dining room.  I’ve never had this on previous ships.   I’m not antisocial, my DH and I just wanted this as it’s our 25 anniversary

We've never had problems getting a table for 2. My advice is to book a later time as the later you reserve the better chance you have.