Eurodam or Westerdam - will we be happy?

Hello!  We (early 50’s) like to cruise NCL for the entertainment - we love watching live contemporary rock and country music, seeing comedians, etc. We find the food has always been decent, but the service, I agree isn’t the best and I haven’t been super happy with it. We are considering Eurodam (or Westerdam) for Alaska for June 2025.   My only concern is that we will be bored in the evenings (not that we go to bed super early but midnight on vacation we will do some nights!) as I’ve heard HAL is a pretty sedate line.  I don’t need an all night party, but I do like some nightly entertainment in the form of contemporary music, comedy, a good magician…

We were on the Westerdam last July and night life after the main stage show is limited. There was music in one of the bars, but that seemed to abvout it.

Love the. cruise nonetheless. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

I would do Eurodam over Westerdam....but if you are seeking highly active entertainment...

Cruising Alaska is about Alaska. I hope you can find a way to enjoy yourselves.

What do you prefer about Eurodam?  We are more just seeking a balance between  days enjoying the scenery and a few hours of entertainment after dinner.

Just now, Mbcruiser704 said:

What do you prefer about Eurodam?  We are more just seeking a balance between  days enjoying the scenery and a few hours of entertainment after dinner.

Bigger ship, more entertainment and dining choices. HAL has a pretty good thing going with the BB King Lounge and The Rolling Stone Lounge. Should be fine for your nights on a 7 day cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

Bigger ship, more entertainment and dining choices. HAL has a pretty good thing going with the BB King Lounge and The Rolling Stone Lounge. Should be fine for your nights on a 7 day cruise.

Are those on Eurodam?  I only saw a Billboard Music venue on the website.

Just now, Mbcruiser704 said:

Are those on Eurodam?  I only saw a Billboard Music venue on the website.

One will be on both. There have been doing some transitions...not sure which will be there.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Eurodam will have the Rolling Stone Lounge with live music/dancing most evenings. Usually they play three sets.  Eurodam doesn't have the BB King Lounge, only the 3 Pinnacle class ships have that. The Ocean Bar will have live music of more easy listening and dancing music also three sets each evening.  The main stage will have possibly a dance company, comedian, maybe another type of act or singing quartet.  It varies.  The main stage is the weak spot in my opinion.

As @CruiserBruce mentioned, Eurodam may have some version of a piano bar in what is called "Billboard Onboard" but that area is in transition it seems.

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1

Billboard is transitioning to solo pianist and only Rock Room (no BB King) except on Pinnacle ships. Depending on itinerary length you will probably get a dance routine, comedian/magician, or singer on Main Stage and maybe a movie or HAL documentary. Entertainment at night is not HALs strength and other than conversations with newly met passengers, after 10:30, there is limited "entertainment". I also suggest Eurodam over Westerdam. 

• Like 1